2021 Off-season FO / Coaching / Saleh to the Jets - Page 9

N4L

All things considered, I think we've pretty muched nailed free agency.

Didn't like losing Hyder to the 'Hawks but with us bringing back Jones AND adding Ebukam & Kerr, I think our D-Line is actually more well rounded. We've gotten more stout up the middle also, with better depth. And the more I think on it, Willis has a chace to be the 2021 version of Hyder. Another year with him under Koucerek and who knows? No one thought anything of Hyder when he signed and we all know how that turned out. This FO seems to have a knack for taking unheralded free agents on defense and having them perform above expectation.

Bringing back the trio of Verrett, Tartt & K'wuan is HUGE imo. Means we don't have to rely on young players in critical roles they may not be ready for. Adding Wilson also was a underrated move, as he's quality vet depth and special teamer. Have to create some depth behind Moseley & Verrett. Dontae Johnson is definitely not the answer. I was worried more about the secondary, specifically the CBs, before free agency but I feel much better about that area heading into the draft.

Really need to address back-up QB and depth@RB but I think those could get sorted out during or shortly after the draft.

I think the Bucs, having retained basically their entire SB-winning roster puts them clearly at the top of the NFC food chain. But I think we're right there, just slightly below them after the moves we've made. Even with a lame duck QB.

• Like 2

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2021/03/25/patriots-still-sniffing-around-jimmy-garoppolo-trade-not-committed-to-cam-newton/

“Just recently I was talking to somebody in the league who I really trust,” Russini said on “Get Up” on Thursday. “He’s got good information. He said, ‘Do not take the Jimmy Garoppolo trade off the table.’ That is something New England is still sniffing out.”

Russini added: “Bill [Belichick] doesn’t like to put his cards out on the table, so most [people] think, ‘Oh well if we all know about that, that probably won’t happen.’ But there is definitely a tone in the league that it could still go down.”

Pats still want Jimmy G apparently 

At 15, they probably won't be in position for the top 5 QB's, so Jimmy would be their fallback i'm guessing...

Just now, 49ersfan said:

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2021/03/25/patriots-still-sniffing-around-jimmy-garoppolo-trade-not-committed-to-cam-newton/

At 15, they probably won't be in position for the top 5 QB's, so Jimmy would be their fallback i'm guessing...

If we happen to get one Shanny wants, I could see it. A highly-talented rookie and Gardner? I'd let them compete and get more cap space by trading Jimmy G. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Of course, but it comes down to if the Niners can swing a trade for Watson or not....Possibly they still trade him if they get their rookie QB they covet, but that is unlikely. 

On 3/24/2021 at 1:36 PM, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah, and honestly from day one it seemed like the Jags were trying to get rid of him. 

I'm not giving up anything more than a 5th rounder for him. No one else will match that or beat it by much. And if we miss out on him? I'm okay with that as well. 

Maybe they don't want their fan base to like the stache more than their shiny new #1 pick.

1 hour ago, 49ersfan said:

Non story in my opinion. If they want him, they are waiting until next season. There are no viable alternatives for the niners to get better at the position now. I don't believe that we are going to turn this roster over to a rookie. Even if we drafted one, it's for him to be introduced into the system, take a year to learn, and maybe get some snaps in case of injury as a good back up. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I think New England is going to be uber aggressive in this draft and go get someone in the top 4

I can see that happening. I believe they're on hand for Wilson's pro day right now. We are not, BTW. 

Field's pro day is next Tuesday, I wonder if we'll have some people on hand for that. 

Have we had any direct conversations with any QB's at their pro days? I don't recall any "show of force" for any pro day this year.

1 minute ago, NinerNation21 said:

I can see that happening. I believe they're on hand for Wilson's pro day right now. We are not, BTW. 

Field's pro day is next Tuesday, I wonder if we'll have some people on hand for that. 

Have we had any direct conversations with any QB's at their pro days? I don't recall any "show of force" for any pro day this year.

Smokescreen!