Jump to content

Week 17: Packers at Bares


Recommended Posts

A win over CHI eliminates any doubt about GB being a legit threat to come out of the NFC

A loss to CHI brings up all the usual questions about whether GB is "for real"

For the most part, Rodgers has owned CHI.  Keep that going this week and GB will have all the momentum you could ask for heading into the playoffs.

 giphy.gif

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

A win over CHI eliminates any doubt about GB being a legit threat to come out of the NFC

A loss to CHI brings up all the usual questions about whether GB is "for real"

For the most part, Rodgers has owned CHI.  Keep that going this week and GB will have all the momentum you could ask for heading into the playoffs.

 giphy.gif

How? Consider their schedule the last 3 weeks. Loss to the Lions, blowout win against a lame duck Texans team that Watt called out this past week, then an up-n-down Vikings team...

 

...and Trubisky is their starter. This should be a tune-up for the playoffs more than anything.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, dwaye50327 said:

I agree, Seattle doesn't scare me at all. And for some reason all the announcers are all giddy over how the Seahawks defense has improved, hmmmm...

Last 5 games: Eagles, Giants, Jets, Washington, and the Rams.

Other than the Rams, who has a decent offense but hasn't been playing the best, their defense has played the bottom of the barrel. Defenses will look good against sub par offenses.

I disagree, Russell Wilson could be the best person to come to GB and win a playoff game....He's played football in Wisconsin and has pretty fair mobility....Guys like Brees and Brady rely on pocket protection, and time to allow receivers to run routes....Put pressure on Brady, and you can upset his game....Put pressure on Wilson, and he can run...

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Nah. Def win this game, but Seattle is totally beatable. 

Seattle has improved alot since their loss to Giants.

They tried to put ball more in Wilson hands and it didn’t worked as expected.  So they are back to their strong running game and putting the ball in Wilson’s hands after the defense is tired concept and its working out well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

I think the Packers should utilize the same game plan they did the other night.  You want to stuff the run and make Trubisky beat you with his arm.  My guess is that he won't be up to the challenge.  The Packers OLB's did a nice job of setting the edge and then playing off blocks.  Mitch is gonna be rolling out a lot .. like to run, and like to throw on the run.  If you can keep him in the pocket he's not very good at all.  Jaire on Robinson for sure .. try to limit that guy as much as possible.  Mooney is a guy to watch .. we will have to pay him some attention.  If the Bears make it to the redzone Mitch will be looking for for our old friend Graham and rookie TE Kmet.  Packers are going to win in a romp.

How this game plan works if you have a RB who can catch the ball as well as running?.

Think think..

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

I disagree, Russell Wilson could be the best person to come to GB and win a playoff game....He's played football in Wisconsin and has pretty fair mobility....Guys like Brees and Brady rely on pocket protection, and time to allow receivers to run routes....Put pressure on Brady, and you can upset his game....Put pressure on Wilson, and he can run...

Best D on Wilson is to not over commit on the pass rush. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

I disagree, Russell Wilson could be the best person to come to GB and win a playoff game....He's played football in Wisconsin and has pretty fair mobility....Guys like Brees and Brady rely on pocket protection, and time to allow receivers to run routes....Put pressure on Brady, and you can upset his game....Put pressure on Wilson, and he can run...

Wilson lost in 2019 in a green bay playoff game. He didn’t play particularly well. Wilson has also been sacked 45 times in 2020, so apparently he can’t run away from pressure all the time. 2nd most in the league. 
 

rodgers is the least, at 19.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

I disagree, Russell Wilson could be the best person to come to GB and win a playoff game....He's played football in Wisconsin and has pretty fair mobility....Guys like Brees and Brady rely on pocket protection, and time to allow receivers to run routes....Put pressure on Brady, and you can upset his game....Put pressure on Wilson, and he can run...

The Packers have been Wilson's toughest opponent over the years .. his QB rating against the Packers is his worst against any team, and he's been pretty awful at Lambeau a few times.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Wilson lost in 2019 in a green bay playoff game. He didn’t play particularly well. Wilson has also been sacked 45 times in 2020, so apparently he can’t run away from pressure all the time. 2nd most in the league. 
 

rodgers is the least, at 19.

Wilson has also had problems with interceptions, but the team is 11-4 and just beat the Rams rather easily...

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

The Packers have been Wilson's toughest opponent over the years .. his QB rating against the Packers is his worst against any team, and he's been pretty awful at Lambeau a few times.  

Last season, we got a off to a pretty good lead on them, and they were able to scratch their way back into it...All this with a diminished running game due to injuries...

Edited by 40Year Pack Fan
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

Last season, we got a off to a pretty good lead on them, and they were able to scratch their way back into it...All this with a diminished running game due to injuries...

More than likely due to Pettine playing his soft zone, bend but don't break defensive crap scheme.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...