Which team or player has the most pressure on them in these playoffs?

ClutchDJ

5 hours ago, Awsi Dooger said:

No question it's the Bills right off the bat. They have been the darling of the past month and now a cute pick above Kansas City by some.

Since their November bye week over Thanksgiving, the Bills are averaging 38 pts a game. Like, what did they put in that turkey?

Yeah, don't see how Brady is under much pressure. Sure, it'd be cool to see if he could win a ring without BB, but he's the GOAT no matter what happens to him during the playoffs. The Bucs as a team you could argue is under a lot of pressure, as their window with Brady is small and they'll have a huge question mark at QB once he retires.

1 minute ago, Spartacus said:

I'm surprised I haven't seen the Chiefs mentioned. The NFC is going to eat each other up. Whoever comes out of it will have deserved it but the Chiefs are expected to win. They have sort of limped into the playoffs this year as well. 

Maybe because it’s hard to repeat 2004 Patriots being the last team to do it. 

Rodgers: You can't have the season he's had and not show up and perform in the playoffs and go down to another embarassing double digit loss.

Saints: They've won at least 11 games the past 4 seasons and have nothing to show for it. Brees last season and impending cap hell alongside a lot of their great 2017 draft class to re-sign.

Two biggest for me.

Team is the Saints. Every season recently they come into the season as the favorites in the NFC to get to the Superbowl and even win it all. They go through the regular season winning 12+ games just rolling through teams. Then they get to the playoffs and lose to QBs that most say arent good in Goff, Cousins, and Keenum. Two of those losses were in New Orleans. Brees more than likely will retire this offseason and maybe Thomas might want to be traded as well. This Saints team on offense will look alot differently where it wont be as automatic for them to win 12+ games and look dominant especially right away. This postseason feels huge for them and they have to get it done. 

Player is Lamar Jackson. The MVP and the guy that everyone continues to rave about. Another season of 1,000yds rushing which is the first QB to ever do so. Two things on his resume that he has to achieve. The first is to win a playoff game. He will face the very team that dominated him last season in the Titans. He get a chance to win a playoff game and get revenge on the Titans. The next thing on his resume is to beat the Chiefs. I dont care what the Ravens do, they will eventually have to get over the hump by beating the Chiefs if they want to have any chance at the Superbowl. Lamar has to outduel Mahomes. 

Coach is McVay. The last time we saw the Rams in the playoffs he didnt call a great offensive game in the Superbowl. He learned from his ways because he stopped using 11 personnel so much and now he is using 12 personnel which has seemed to work. He might not have Goff in the starting lineup. He could have to depend on Wolford who did a great job in the Cards game so we know McVay has his QBs ready. If Goff does play we know he isnt going to be 100% so I want to see how McVay handles it. If Goff struggles early does he pull Goff and put in Wolford? Then if the Rams win and advance to the next round how does McVay continue to handle things especially if Goff wasnt the reason the Rams win and it was Wolford. So its going to be curious to see McVay back in the playoffs with the Rams. We know the Rams have a Superbowl defense, the offense just need to put some points on the board. Heck just get a lead at halftime because McVay has never lost a game as a head coach when the Rams are winning at the half. That psychologically is a huge advantage Rams and a big disadvantage opposing team when they see the scoreboard favoring the Rams when they walk into the locker room for halftime. 

League wide Lamar, easily. I will also be SEVERELY disappointed if the Bills don’t win a playoff game. That would be such a massive let down and would immense pressure on them going into next season.

So my answer would be Ravens and Bills. Nothing is changing Rodgers or Brees’s legacies. Same with Brady. Mahomes just won it last season and has been excellent since he stepped foot on an NFL field.

McVay has a hurt QB, WFT is a 7 win division winner with 0 expectations. Seattle has won in the past, we know what Russ is capable of. I don’t see much pressure on them. The Bears...Trubisky. 

AFC side, everyone has written off the Steelers so i don’t see much pressure on them. They have the chip on the shoulder they need i guess. Cleveland has their first playoff game in 18 years and no head coach who is also their play caller. The Titans went on a run last year when no one thought they would, and Indy has limited expectations as well with a washed Rivers.

Easily Baltimore (mainly Lamar), and Buffalo as a whole (Allen, McDermott etc.)

18 hours ago, DawgX said:

Yeah, don't see how Brady is under much pressure. Sure, it'd be cool to see if he could win a ring without BB, but he's the GOAT no matter what happens to him during the playoffs. 

I think logical people would agree, but what happens if Rogers beats him in a playoff game?

That would be Rogers 1, Brady 0 in playoff matchups. Even though he's past his prime, people would use this as a stick to whack pro Brady arguments. As silly as it would be. It seems he always needs to prove himself to a lot of people

On 1/4/2021 at 4:42 PM, Canuck said:

Probably Brady.

Leaving NE to prove he can get it done without Belichick + recruiting a bunch of players like Fournette, AB and Gronk to build a super team down there in Tampa.

The thing about it is, I doubt the pressure has any effect on him, though.

I think he's more or less already proven he can in my eyes. 

On 1/5/2021 at 11:29 AM, dtait93 said:

The only player in the entire playoffs who has the “can’t win a playoff game” stigma is Lamar Jackson. That is the only correct answer here.

I agree. I think he has the most "pressure", even if it is Rivers and Brees last chance before they retire.