Eagles fire HC Doug Pederson

.Buzz

20 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Well @TheRealMcCoy you weren't wrong. These people don't know a single thing about our team lol. This couldn't be further from reality. 

Darn, do I sound like Stephen A Smith when he’s talking football? 

I coulda sworn that’s what’s going on. Although admittedly I didn’t know the exact situation just going based on what the media has been saying. (Except for Howie, everyone knows he sucks)

2 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

No, I am telling you Chip had full control of the roster. It was Chip's team and he ruined it. This isn't a debate thing, it is documented and we all knew what was happening while it happened.

Howie made some of the best FA questions of all time in 2017. End of story. He was fantastic at signing veterans to deals that were good for the team and getting max value from those players.

Wrong. We can move on from Wentz if we trade him. Our OL is fine. Our first round pick two years ago was injured, our All Pro RG was out for the year, Lane was hurt for most of the year. We have young weapons on offense with Sanders, Fulgham, Goedert, and Reagor. I don't see where you are getting this.

Djax, Alshon, and Ertz are all gone. That has been known for a while and none of them were productive this year.

We aren't the most desirable job in the NFL, I never claimed we were, but this isnt the Texans job. We will have people interested in this team, I guarantee it.

You can argue 2017 but you also have to agree Pederson had a role in the success of 2017 too. You mention injuries of players coming back as a big selling point but why is Pederson being fired but howie stays because they both had to deal with what was given to them this year?

You do realize if you trade Wentz your are putting 33 mil in dead cap that isnt something you just say we are moving on from him being that simple. The cost of dead cap is still extremely high and isnt a quick trade without consequences. That and you have to find a trade partner willing to accept the contract he has left too.

Alshon Jeffrey cost them 10 mil in dead cap, Djax will cost them 6 mil in dead cap if cut, Ertz cost them 7 mil in dead cap. 

So according to your analysis that means the 4 that are easily moved on from will be accumulating 56 of the 175 projected salary cap for 2021 season. 

I never said you did mention it being the most desirable I am saying that those jobs right now are more desirable. I agree about it being better then texans but I think they are on the same level as the Atlanta job with bloated contracts and stuck with a qb for at least 2 years unless you take a massive dead cap hit on a trade or outright cut. 

6 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I don't think that choice will be made till the next coach is decided, but Hurts was a Howie pick, not a Doug pick. It is entirely possible Wentz is on the outs and we are looking to draft a QB early or roll with Hurts.

I only saw his first game, but based on that, I'd roll with Hurts.  He looked pretty good for a first time starter.  If I'm thinking correctly, the O-line might be getting up there in age, so maybe just put some new pieces up front for protection and run blocking and continue to build from there.  The Eagles could be right back in the thick of things in a year or two.

46 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Why would Daboll want the Eagles job? Half the roster has to be cut, and you have to want Carson Wentz, who played like a bottom 2 QB this year. I'd say this is easily the least desirable HC opening.

I honestly can't believe they fired him. Absolutely the right move, but man. He just won a super bowl a few years ago!

It's one of 32 high paying jobs in the world that I think people in the field love coming to do for the most part. If it's his only offer, I'd think there's a good chance he takes it. Yes, he might wait another year to see what's out there too. 

41 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Ahh but I do and it is true. Howie is just of an issue as Pederson and Chip were. It is fine they can keep him and I am sure people will be happy he stayed while some will be mad he is gone its not my team I am just saying based on what I have seen and followed as I do have a connection to following that team even though it is not the one I support. Its going to be a tough sell but could be a bit easier with a new GM thats my argument on this. Pederson failed that team but so did howie

But, you don’t and it’s not..... Chip had full control over trades, drafting and everything. He was the GM.

I don’t think any Eagles fans except ignorant ones deny that if Pederson went then so should Roseman.

The irony is that Pederson was only hired In the first place so that Howie and Lurie could tell him what to do and influence his coaching staff. He had zero credentials to be hired as a HC in the NFL, he was literally coaching HS like 2 years prior.  The SB win was the best and worst thing for him, it went straight to his head. 

Still have much love for Dougie P even if these past years have been extremely frustrating and disappointing. Thanks for the Super Bowl man. Hope you get another opportunity somewhere whether as a head coach or coordinator. He might benefit from a year off from football too though. He was really stressed all season long and you could tell from his press conferences.

59 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Well @TheRealMcCoy you weren't wrong. These people don't know a single thing about our team lol. This couldn't be further from reality. 

I knew that coming into this thread which is why I tried to provide people here with a brief synopsis of what is what, but a lot of people haven’t paid close attention to the Eagles and just will remember Pederson won a SB here. It is what it is.