Eagles fire HC Doug Pederson

.Buzz

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

72c795fa788aecee7d1f148078bcfcb2.jpg

Ahh but I do and it is true. Howie is just of an issue as Pederson and Chip were. It is fine they can keep him and I am sure people will be happy he stayed while some will be mad he is gone its not my team I am just saying based on what I have seen and followed as I do have a connection to following that team even though it is not the one I support. Its going to be a tough sell but could be a bit easier with a new GM thats my argument on this. Pederson failed that team but so did howie

1 minute ago, soflbillsfan said:

Ahh but I do and it is true. Howie is just of an issue as Pederson and Chip were. It is fine they can keep him and I am sure people will be happy he stayed while some will be mad he is gone its not my team I am just saying based on what I have seen and followed as I do have a connection to following that team even though it is not the one I support. Its going to be a tough sell but could be a bit easier with a new GM thats my argument on this. Pederson failed that team but so did howie

Chip had full control of the draft his final year

Wow. Carson Wentz might as well be the GM for the Eagles. Dude has more pull than any QB in the league. 

Good for Pederson for not putting up with this bull. The situation in Philly is super messy. You have a divided locker room over who’s gonna be the QB, then the question is who is the QB? Add the salary cap trouble they’re in and having Howie Roseman as a GM and it’s a job that’s quite easy to pass on 

Just to be clear (or as clear as the Eagles have told others)

• Howie was Andy's sidekick GM for a while (2010-2011) but by the end of the Reid era he had control of the draft (2012)
    • GM/coach Andy was not really working out
  • He also had total control in 2013
    • Yes, Ertz was a Pac 10 guy so I am sure Kelly had input as all head coaches have input
  • In 2014 Kelly flexed and got more say but it was a collaboration
  • In 2015 Kelly staged a coup and shoved Howie to the other side of the building (see classic Kelce speech)
  • In 2016 Howie was reinstated as the GM with full control

Before week 17 I would've said it would've been impulsive to fire him. But when you clearly try to lose a game and therefore lose the trust of your players, that's a bridge that can't be rebuilt.

Super thankful for him bringing home Philly's first Super Bowl and he should never have to buy his own beer when in Philly, but this had to be done.

Edited by Art_Vandalay
  • Like 1

This is now twice this season where, what feels like an attempt at tanking is met with being fired (Gregg Williams and Pederson)

Are we wrong about the tanking? Do they just suck?

Or are these owners full on screwing over coaches who are doing their bidding?

3 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

Wow. Carson Wentz might as well be the GM for the Eagles. Dude has more pull than any QB in the league. 

Good for Pederson for not putting up with this bull. The situation in Philly is super messy. You have a divided locker room over who’s gonna be the QB, then the question is who is the QB? Add the salary cap trouble they’re in and having Howie Roseman as a GM and it’s a job that’s quite easy to pass on 

Well @TheRealMcCoy you weren't wrong. These people don't know a single thing about our team lol. This couldn't be further from reality. 

• Like 4

Lol.  Somebody go find the Wentz re-signed thread.  Or maybe it was in the Packer sub forum.

I called this the minute they gave Wentz that contract.  Head coaches don’t survive when paying mid-tier quarterbacks top tier money.  Few do when paying top tier quarterbacks top tier money.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Chip had full control of the draft his final year

That was 2015

• They brought in DeMarco Murray, Byron Maxwell, Kiko Alanso, and Sammy Sleeves
  • They traded away Foles, a 2nd round pick, Shady McCoy
  • They drafted Agholor at 15 overall
  • Rowe at 47 overall
  • Jordan Hicks in round 3 (decent LB best know for being on the list of IR guys during the SB run)
  • three complete nothings in rounds 6 and 7

Having nothing to do with 2015 is a resume builder.

Howie later turned crap into gold by trading Sammy Sleeves to Minny for a 1st rounder

• That pick helped beat Minny in the NFCCG (forced fumble in the Red Zone) and picked up Brady's fumble in the Super Bowl

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Does this mean the Eagles are choosing to stick with Carson Wentz?

I don't think that choice will be made till the next coach is decided, but Hurts was a Howie pick, not a Doug pick. It is entirely possible Wentz is on the outs and we are looking to draft a QB early or roll with Hurts.