2021 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

1 minute ago, ny92mike said:

We're 3 weeks from officially starting this mock and you're looking to trade several key players from the roster.  You sure you're roommate is a fan of the Dolphins?

yeah i'm lying bro. why would you passive aggressively ask like that lol? i'm just opening up some dialogue, i'll do it in private as to not strum up too much activity for this mock. 

4 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

yeah i'm lying bro. why would you passive aggressively ask like that lol? i'm just opening up some dialogue, i'll do it in private as to not strum up too much activity for this mock. 

You got the team because you said your roomie was a dolphins fan.  Just wouldn't think a dolphins fan would be looking to trade their 3rd overall pick or some of their key players especially this early.  Not trying to be the shadow government...lol but it wouldn't be the first time someone picked a team only to take it down.  Hell we've got Dave Gettlemen of the Giants doing that irl.  

My issue is that we're 3 weeks out.  I didn't create a thread for trades because I'd rather you guys not go working out a bunch of trades this early.  I'm sure some if not all of you GM's are doing this privately right now.  But I've been doing this long enough to know that with this long out GM's get bored and will accept some ridiculous trades and because you can't post the trade agreement it's not locked in.  People back out of these early deals often when they realize their cap can't handle it or a better deal comes along.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FinneasGage said:

Pick #3
Tua Tagovailoa
Myles Gaskin
Salvon Ahmed
Preston Williams
Albert Wilson
Jakeem Grant
Allen Hurns
Durham Smythe
Jesse Davis
Michael Deiter
Kyle Van Noy
Jerome Baker
Bobby McCain
Eric Rowe
Clayton Fejedelem

all guys/picks i'd be open to talking about if anyone wants to start talking about some trades. 

You gotta let everyone know what you're looking for

8 hours ago, ny92mike said:

Just created a few more threads pertaining to the mock.  

Draft Board and Inside the Locker

I'll create the Trade Approval one later because I don't want to give you guys the idea I'm accepting trades right now...lol.  

@Counselor would you mind managing the draft board doc when this kicks off?  

@dcat think you could assist him in keeping it updated?

Also looking for one more person to help keep the Waiver Wire workbook updated.  Pretty simple stuff, formulas do all the work basically, really just need a reminder when the time expires to add them to rosters and or free agency.

You got it

@squire12@ny92mike

I know Post June 1st Trade Designation doesn't exist in NFL but in this mock, UDFA section is the mock's final chapter which is technically prior to June 1st. All talks and actions in this mock are done as we have for NFL's full off season.  I figure we should add the trade designation to this mock as we could pretend we wait until June 1st to make trade for cap saving of current year strategy .

Two or three simple rules for Post June 1st Trade Designation.

• Current (2021) draft picks can't be included this trade at all.
  • Acquired future draft picks from that trade can't be used in trading up during the current draft (2021) at all.
  • Window closes at the beginning of current (2021) draft's first overall selection to avoid any developing loopholes.

What do you guys think?

Edited by JetsandI

54 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

@squire12@ny92mike

I know Post June 1st Trade Designation doesn't exist in NFL but in this mock, UDFA section is the mock's final chapter which is technically prior to June 1st. All talks and actions in this mock are done as we have for NFL's full off season.  I figure we should add the trade designation to this mock as we could pretend we wait until June 1st to make trade for cap saving of current year strategy .

• Acquired future draft picks from that trade can't be used in trading up during the current draft (2021) at all.
  • Window closes at the beginning of current (2021) draft's first overall selection to avoid any developing loopholes.

What do you guys think?

I would say no, gets complicated and everyone would just do this to swap high impact salaries. I may have misunderstood but this is my gut,

4 hours ago, JetsandI said:

@squire12@ny92mike

What do you guys think?

Definitely not opposed to the idea primarily because it adds another element to game planning which is always a plus in my book.

Currently and this is for releasing players only, guidelines allow GM two post june 1st cuts.  

So I'm clear on what you are suggesting is at a designated point in the mock, GM would be able to either release or trade players under the post June 1st rule?

It would require changing some formulas within each workbook but we do have the time to do this.  However I'm not sold on the proposed window for when this starts and ends.

I'll have some time around 8est tonight to see if we can't work on a time frame for including this.  Along with reviewing guidelines to remove any potential loopholes that this might create. 

Appreciate your interest in improving tcmd. 

@squire12 @BowserBroncos

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ny92mike said:

Definitely not opposed to the idea primarily because it adds another element to game planning which is always a plus in my book.

Currently and this is for releasing players only, guidelines allow GM two post june 1st cuts.  

So I'm clear on what you are suggesting is at a designated point in the mock, GM would be able to either release or trade players under the post June 1st rule?

It would require changing some formulas within each workbook but we do have the time to do this.  However I'm not sold on the proposed window for when this starts and ends.

I'll have some time around 8est tonight to see if we can't work on a time frame for including this.  Along with reviewing guidelines to remove any potential loopholes that this might create. 

Appreciate your interest in improving tcmd. 

@squire12 @BowserBroncos

Was hoping for 2 and 1. lol.   The reason I ask was Terron Armstead's situation.   He is too talented to be cut and trading him doesn't improve the cap situation.

If you strictly limit using post June 1 designations to 2 then never mind.

27 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Was hoping for 2 and 1. lol.   The reason I ask was Terron Armstead's situation.   He is too talented to be cut and trading him doesn't improve the cap situation.

If you strictly limit using post June 1 designations to 2 then never mind.

The NFL allows teams to designate 2 players post june 1 prior to june 1.  Thats why the current setup is what it is.

If we want to "pretend" we hit june 1st in this mock that allows any number of players to be traded or released under the post june 1 rule, I'm cool with that but it would need to be scheduled late in the mock.

Edited by ny92mike

24 minutes ago, ny92mike said:

The NFL allows teams to designate 2 players post june 1 prior to june 1.  Thats why the current setup is what it is.

If we want to "pretend" we hit june 1st in this mock that allows any number of players to be traded or released under the post june 1 rule, I'm cool with that but it would need to be scheduled late in the mock.

Stick with rules.  Last thing we want to hear from complaints about opportunistic things in the midst of the mock.

I need a clarification about 5th year option.

Required Player Criteria for Extension

• The player “obtained” status must be either “Original” or “Traded”
  • Player(s) must be on the final year of the current contract.
  • 5th year option is not available.

Does it mean we can't offer extension contract to a 5th year option exercised player (2017 draft class)?

or

Can't we offer new contract to a player with 5th year option eligibility (2018 draft class)?

Edited by JetsandI