Future QB Discussion

G08

3 hours ago, BP42 said:

If the following are available and wouldn’t cost an absolute ton who would you take? 

1. Jimmy G.

2. Gardner

3. Sam Darnold

The other four responses to this shows why none of them are the answer or much better than Foles if at all. 

2 hours ago, GBHalas said:

Gardner would be the best option

giphy.gif

58 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Would be nice to know just what he means by that. But Glazer has the attentive focus of, roughly, a hamster--so we'll probably never even know what he's getting at...

38 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I 100% think Pace and Nagy are going to go hard at the QB spot.

I also think they are going to fail.

They are the short stack at the table. They have less picks and cash then the other players.

They are going to do something whether via trade or draft...whether or not it works out time will tell...but they will come away with something that they will try to sell as hope and the future.

Just now, topwop1 said:

They are going to do something whether via trade or draft...whether or not it works out time will tell...but they will come away with something that they will try to sell as hope and the future.

They have to defer to the rest of the league first. As if they have our best interests at heart. 

• Like 1

My gut tells me we're trading up to the top 5 for either Wilson or Fields.  If we do this, we're mortgaging the future for one guy.  We already traded away picks for Trubisky(which we didn't even need to, those picks could have been used for O-linemen, weapons, defensive players.  We traded a few picks for Mack.  In 2018 it seemed like a good trade, but now it does seem like we gave up too much.  Pace track record of giving away several picks is iffy.  We're also not a QB away from being contenders.  If we lose Robinson, WR becomes a big need, in addition to LT, RT, D-line and DBs 

Personally, I'd rather take my chances at 20 and see if Jones and/or Trask fall to me(one likely will, there's a chance both will) With the other picks I can build around him. 

Trade for Watson, that's $10 this year, $30 next year, not to mention we'd have to sign him to a new contract(unless we do that before hand)  Plus, we're mortgaging the future

If we were  QB away from contending, I'd be all for it.  But since we're not, we shouldn't put all our eggs in one basket. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

It's won't just be for our best interests but for theirs as well

I was referring to the presser when they said they talk with GMs and coaches about decisions regarding players. 

I'm legit still floored by it.  I get that coaches often talk with other coaches around the league to get a better idea about  players but they made it sound like they leave their decisions in the hands of other GMs/coaches. Maybe it was just poor wording. I don't know.

12 minutes ago, Bowler1215 said:

My gut tells me we're trading up to the top 5 for either Wilson or Fields.  If we do this, we're mortgaging the future for one guy.  We already traded away picks for Trubisky(which we didn't even need to, those picks could have been used for O-linemen, weapons, defensive players.  We traded a few picks for Mack.  In 2018 it seemed like a good trade, but now it does seem like we gave up too much.  Pace track record of giving away several picks is iffy.  We're also not a QB away from being contenders.  If we lose Robinson, WR becomes a big need, in addition to LT, RT, D-line and DBs 

Personally, I'd rather take my chances at 20 and see if Jones and/or Trask fall to me(one likely will, there's a chance both will) With the other picks I can build around him. 

Trade for Watson, that's $10 this year, $30 next year, not to mention we'd have to sign him to a new contract(unless we do that before hand)  Plus, we're mortgaging the future

If we were  QB away from contending, I'd be all for it.  But since we're not, we shouldn't put all our eggs in one basket. 

Yep.  2021 is the last chance for the defense before we have to start rebuilding again. Mack will be 31, DT and Hicks will be gone. Our pass rush would be solely dependent on Goldman and Nichols.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I think they will make a move.

I just don’t think it will be a “big player” move.

38 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

The silver linings are there, but they're needles...

At least maybe they'll pump the market for QB trades and a team ahead of us gets theirs before the draft?

Sorry, I'm trying here, but the best chance for this team to be good in the next two years is to get statistically unlucky. That's our best shot.

I'm all for having a losing season and starting the process of another complete rebuild next year. 

Either Pace/nagy work magic and we win 10-11 games next year or they completely flop and we win 5 games. I'm fine with both.

Besides, I don't know about anyone else but I'm numb to losing at this point. The only enjoyment I get anymore is watching a rebuild and hoping it works. 

Edited by JAF-N72EX
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I'm all for having a losing season and starting the process of another complete rebuild next year. 

Either Pace/nagy work magic and we win 10-11 games next year or they completely flop and we win 5 games. I'm fine with both.

Besides, I don't know about anyone else but I'm numb to losing at this point. The only enjoyment I get anymore is watching a rebuild and hoping it works. 

We will flounder to an 8-8 record most likely. We lost 6 straight and still made it to the playoffs because someone else found a way to suck worse.