2020 NFC Championship - Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Green Bay Packers

DigInBoys

Who will win?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Bucs
    • Packers

4 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

There are missed calls every game. They aren’t robots. Deal with it.

They also didn't call a single offensive holding penalty all game. There was some blatant holding on GB's last drive too, including on the crucial 3rd down play.

That said, I can see why GB fans would be mad since they let defensive holding and DPI go all game on both sides. It's just that that one was so egregious with his jersey stretched behind him for two feet that they couldn't let it slide.

Edited by childofpudding
  • Like 1

Just now, childofpudding said:

They also didn't call a single offensive holding penalty all game. There was some blatant holding on GB's last drive too, including on the crucial 3rd down play.

Not to mention GBs left tackle starting a half second early on every snap.

Pointing out other non calls doesn't make a lot of sense. There was 4 total penalties before the last drive. 2 on each team. Then GB purposely commits an enchroament and then the PI. The refs were letting them play throughout. I'd have preferred the refs let the last one go but it's hard to be upset that an obvious PI call was called. 

29 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I mentioned this before, i was a little distracted when the call was being made. I assumed they were calling holding (not egregious). PI was not the correct call. It was uncatchable. 

And not only that, but they didn't call a BLATANT hold on Rashan Gary on the same play.

Granted, the Pack never should've put themselves in that position (Rodg threw in tight coverage when he could've easily ran for a TD on one goalline play and missed a wide open Lazard on the next, and then they settled for a FG instead of going for it on 4th and then the completely-busted coverage on the TD to end the half the one play Pettine should've played zone), but still.

Edited by KManX89

It’s playoff football. The refs are going to call things close to the vest. Same thing in the NBA playoffs. Can’t complain about the refs and what they should’ve and shouldn’t have called. The Packers forced 3 Brady picks in 7 pass attempts in one stretch and they couldn’t do anything with it. LaFleur didn’t trust ARod to get a td on 4th down. He coached that moment like he had Jalen Hurts or Tua at QB. Either that or he coached like the opposing QB was Hurts or Tua and NOT Brady. That’s what separates LaFleur from the top 5 or so coaches in the NFL. 

I’ll say this to, it seems in big games like this when the losing team who had plenty of chances to win loses they are quick to blame the refs. The refs didn’t throw flags on both sides. The Packers should’ve capitalized on the opportunities Brady was giving them with all those turnovers and they didn’t and they lost. LaFleur got to live with the fact when the rubber met the road he decided to trust his defense over ARod to get the job done. That was a huge mistake and it’s going to be interesting to see how the relationship with ARod and LaFleur and ARod and the Packers organization will be moving forward because everything started really when the Packers traded up to get ARod future replacement in Love which was the first shot fired. The last shot fired was telling ARod they are going to kick the FG and not trust you to get them into the end zone to try and tie the game up. 

Seeing as how the Packers were a division rival, I like to engage in good-natured banter back and forth with the Cheeseheads.  I'll give them a shot here and there, and I expect it in return.  That's part of the fun of being a fan.  Having said that, there isn't really much I can say about this loss.  This was a competitive game between two good teams.  Ultimately, there had to be a winner and a loser, and the Bucaneers just made a few more plays.  Nothing for Packer fans to hang their heads about.  They had a good season and should still be competitive next year. 

Congratulations to Tampa Bay for being the first team in history to host a Super Bowl in their home stadium.  They will have their hands full with that Chiefs team, and it should be one of the better Super Bowl games ever.

7 hours ago, Pats#1 said:

I love the comparisons we are getting of a quick shoulder pad grab (the type of stuff the refs were letting go all game), and a GB defender turning a TB receivers jersey into a damn cape.

It's not the refs jobs to decide if it's an egregious foul or a regular foul.  A foul is a foul is a foul.  If you grab the jersey and impede the ability of the receiver to make a play on the ball as SMB did on Lazard, that's DPI.  That was DPI on Kevin King.  The problem was the refs decided early on to let the players play, which I have absolutely ZERO issues with.  The last thing I want to see is the refs get flag happy and take away the players from playing.  But then they chose in that particular situation to throw a flag despite MULTIPLE DPIs happening throughout the game?  Get out of here.  Reffing was atrocious and it wasn't one-sided either.  Billy Turner had a RIDICULOUSLY bad false start that the refs missed.

This is hilarious stuff.

King turned himself into a parachute by turf skiing behind the receiver.

When he was done yanking with one hand he grabbed again with the other.

The tug on the shoulder pad on the pick was a foul (they let that stuff go all day)

The pathetic joke loser foul that Kevin King committed was a 10 million out of 10 million call.

EVERY TIME

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pats#1 said:

I love the comparisons we are getting of a quick shoulder pad grab (the type of stuff the refs were letting go all game), and a GB defender turning a TB receivers jersey into a damn cape.

That ball wasn't even catchable, it sailed 5 yards over Tyler Johnson's head and was clearly never going to be caught, so it wasn't DPI. He also flopped like a fish out of water to get the call.

They also committed an equally-blatant hold on Gary who definitely would've got the sack on Brady on the same exact play that wasn't called:

141159130_10159459645074759_856524661391