NFC Championship Game: Tampa Bay Yucs at Green Bay Packers

packfanfb

35 minutes ago, Victor1124 said:

Sucks about Veldheer even though our line held up fine.  Would assume even if he clears in the next couple days, it wouldn't be enough time for him to get the start. 

I'm not sure there's any thinking that he'll start. Could be wrong, but I had him figured as the "In Case Of Emergency" OT.

4 hours ago, Leader said:

Matt Schneidman -    The Packers' offensive line ranked first in the NFL in both ESPN's pass-block win rate and run-block win rate statistics this season, which is impressive considering how much change the unit went through. Its toughest test yet is up next.

And we will need another stellar game from this group in order to win on Sunday.  When we faced them in Tampa in October the line had one of their poorer showings.

32 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Check WRs per snap by the Bears and Rams

Alex, Price also got 3 snaps, same as Harrison.  Price had a kind of obnoxious encroachment penalty on one of them, in the 2nd half, I think it was 2nd-and-long, and he turned it into 2nd-and-modest.  Does Price kind of have the same function as Harrison, and he got those 3 snaps because Harrison was unavailable for some reason?  Or does Price have a somewhat different niche role than Harrison, so his usage had zero to do with Snacks?  

17 minutes ago, craig said:

Alex, Price also got 3 snaps, same as Harrison.  Price had a kind of obnoxious encroachment penalty on one of them, in the 2nd half, I think it was 2nd-and-long, and he turned it into 2nd-and-modest.  Does Price kind of have the same function as Harrison, and he got those 3 snaps because Harrison was unavailable for some reason?  Or does Price have a somewhat different niche role than Harrison, so his usage had zero to do with Snacks?  

Price offers exponentially more pass rush ability.

2 hours ago, craig said:

I'd be lying if I said I really had a great read on what either of these guys do. Both of them are fatties.

Harrison played 3 snaps that I saw (first 3 plays of the drive):

2nd quarter, 3:29 1st and 10 from the Rams 25. Their 11 personnel against our 2-4 nickel. Lowry as the other DL. Lined up as the 1T, ate a double nicely but Lowry did a lousy job handling a combo next to him and Akers ran for 6.

2nd quarter, 2:50 2nd and 4 from the Rams 31. Their 11 personnel against our 2-4 nickel. Lowry as the other DL. Lined up as the 3T, got absolutely killed on a combo block. As bad of a rep from a DL as you'll see. Akers ran right off it for a gain of 10

2nd quarter, 2:09 1st and 10 from the Rams 41. Their 11 personnel against our 2-4 nickel. Lowry as the other DL. Lined up as the 1T, I have no complaints about his gap control here, but he was backside on this play and ball went away from him. 

+++

I suspect the Rams have a tendency of running down the clock going into the 2-Minute warning. They don't want to leave extra time on the clock for when they finish their two minute drill, and it becomes increasingly important to do so considering the potency of the Packers offense and the Packers having two timeouts left. This theory is supported by the Rams playcalling itself, and the Packers personnel here. They seemed to think they could keep Clark fresh for the two minute drill without losing anything, on the premise that Harrision is plenty capable in the run game and the Rams are going to run. 

Harrison is unique among the guys on this defense. He's old as ****. His body is broken down. There are going to be days where he just doesn't have it. There will be days that he does where he plays well like the Bears game, and there will be days where he looks washed. He looked washed AF on that second snap. So the staff benched him and moved on to Price. 

+++

Price also played 3 snaps (plays 8, 9, and 10 of the drive):

3rd quarter, 4:14 2nd and 4 from the  Packers 22. Their 12 personnel against our 3-3 nickel. Lowry and Lancaster as the other DL. Lined up as the 0T, he locked up the Center here, but Lowry got beat by a combo and that's where Akers went. Barnes made a really nice fill here to beat the free lineman with the killshot to keep this to 5 yards. Price hustled here, but I have no idea why he was credit with a partial tackle.

3rd quarter, 3:32 1st and 10 from the  Packers 17. Their 11 personnel against our 3-3 nickel. Lowry and Lancaster as the other DL. Lined up as the 1T. This is a direct snap to Akers, trips left, Goff lined up at WR to the right. Rams try to combo off of Price with their Center and Guard, but the Center leaves early and Price fights free. Preston and Lancaster both do a really good job fighting off single blocks to turn the attempted outside zone back inside and Akers runs right into Price. Not a stud play by any means, but competent NT play.

3rd quarter, 2:48 2nd and 10 from the  Packers 17. Their 11 personnel against our 3-3 nickel. Lowry and Lancaster as the other DL. Lined up as the 1T. This is the neutral zone infraction that you're referencing, and it was a neutral zone infraction, but he moved on the movement of the Center's non-snapping hand on a movement that toed the line between a flinch and allowed pre-snap gesturing. It was a penalty, and all neutral zone infractions are bad, but I see why it happened. 

+++

Price was out there because Kenny Clark needed air and Harrison looked lousy in the first half. I have little doubt that if feeling good, Harrison is still on top of Price on the depth chart, but there's just no guarantee that he's going to be feeling good on a particular day.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I'd be lying if I said I really had a great read on what either of these guys do. Both of them are fatties.

Harrison played 3 snaps that I saw (first 3 plays of the drive):

2nd quarter, 3:29 1st and 10 from the Rams 25. Their 11 personnel against our 2-4 nickel. Lowry as the other DL. Lined up as the 1T, ate a double nicely but Lowry did a lousy job handling a combo next to him and Akers ran for 6.

2nd quarter, 2:50 2nd and 4 from the Rams 31. Their 11 personnel against our 2-4 nickel. Lowry as the other DL. Lined up as the 3T, got absolutely killed on a combo block. As bad of a rep from a DL as you'll see. Akers ran right off it for a gain of 10

2nd quarter, 2:09 1st and 10 from the Rams 41. Their 11 personnel against our 2-4 nickel. Lowry as the other DL. Lined up as the 1T, I have no complaints about his gap control here, but he was backside on this play and ball went away from him. 

+++

I suspect the Rams have a tendency of running down the clock going into the 2-Minute warning. They don't want to leave extra time on the clock for when they finish their two minute drill, and it becomes increasingly important to do so considering the potency of the Packers offense and the Packers having two timeouts left. This theory is supported by the Rams playcalling itself, and the Packers personnel here. They seemed to think they could keep Clark fresh for the two minute drill without losing anything, on the premise that Harrision is plenty capable in the run game and the Rams are going to run. 

Harrison is unique among the guys on this defense. He's old as ****. His body is broken down. There are going to be days where he just doesn't have it. There will be days that he does where he plays well like the Bears game, and there will be days where he looks washed. He looked washed AF on that second snap. So the staff benched him and moved on to Price. 

+++

Price also played 3 snaps (plays 8, 9, and 10 of the drive):

3rd quarter, 4:14 2nd and 4 from the  Packers 22. Their 12 personnel against our 3-3 nickel. Lowry and Lancaster as the other DL. Lined up as the 0T, he locked up the Center here, but Lowry got beat by a combo and that's where Akers went. Barnes made a really nice fill here to beat the free lineman with the killshot to keep this to 5 yards. Price hustled here, but I have no idea why he was credit with a partial tackle.

3rd quarter, 3:32 1st and 10 from the  Packers 17. Their 11 personnel against our 3-3 nickel. Lowry and Lancaster as the other DL. Lined up as the 1T. This is a direct snap to Akers, trips left, Goff lined up at WR to the right. Rams try to combo off of Price with their Center and Guard, but the Center leaves early and Price fights free. Preston and Lancaster both do a really good job fighting off single blocks to turn the attempted outside zone back inside and Akers runs right into Price. Not a stud play by any means, but competent NT play.

3rd quarter, 2:48 2nd and 10 from the  Packers 17. Their 11 personnel against our 3-3 nickel. Lowry and Lancaster as the other DL. Lined up as the 1T. This is the neutral zone infraction that you're referencing, and it was a neutral zone infraction, but he moved on the movement of the Center's non-snapping hand on a movement that toed the line between a flinch and allowed pre-snap gesturing. It was a penalty, and all neutral zone infractions are bad, but I see why it happened. 

+++

Price was out there because Kenny Clark needed air and Harrison looked lousy in the first half. I have little doubt that if feeling good, Harrison is still on top of Price on the depth chart, but there's just no guarantee that he's going to be feeling good on a particular day.

Great write up. Thank you.