Now that Pettine is gone, who should be the new DC?

BluePacker

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I don’t disagree with you, but he got more out of what he had in Detroit than Pettine got out of what he had here.

And that Washington team was a top 5 scoring defense.

You can’t deny those facts.

The 2015 Redskins were 17th in ppg against, so I can deny that.

Who's on Tampa that could be of interest? Bowles has taken some HC interviews - so he could be moving on. If he does, you'd have to think they'd at least consider moving their best assistant up.....but who would that be? Outside of Bowles, I dont know any of them.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Who's on Tampa that could be of interest? Bowles has taken some HC interviews - so he could be moving on. If he does, you'd have to think they'd at least consider moving their best assistant up.....but who would that be? Outside of Bowles, I dont know any of them.

LaFleur offered the job to a candidate already. If there was any great interest in someone from TB or KC, he wouldn't have done that.

No one from those teams will be interviewed. He'll pick from Barry or Evero now I'd assume.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

LaFleur offered the job to a candidate already. If there was any great interest in someone from TB or KC, he wouldn't have done that.

No one from those teams will be interviewed. He'll pick from Barry or Evero now I'd assume.

Let’s go Evero 

Just now, Sasquatch said:

I know in this age of information, it’s difficult to keep a lid on this stuff.  But from an HR standpoint, this leak of information is bad for everyone involved.

Maybe the next DC will carry a bit of a chip with him as the “second choice”.

Joe Barry was 9th on my list...out of 9. Maybe if I tell him that, he won't suck as much.

3 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Why was Leonard interviewing if he didn’t want it?

Leverage.   Maybe he did initially want it, but after further consideration elected to stay. 

3 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I guess for experience but that’s puzzling 

There is much to be gained by interviewing.   Helps to clarify what you want and when you can recognize a good fit when it presents itself.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Why was Leonard interviewing if he didn’t want it? I guess for experience but that’s puzzling 

The puzzling thing to me is that GB/MLF must have had positive vibes after Leonhard's interview, and an expectation that he would accept the offer.  Otherwise, the offer never would have been made.  Given that GB did make the offer, there is no way Leonhard was signaling any reservations during the interview process.  For Leonhard to then turn around say he is declining the offer from GB because his heart isn't in it to leave UW... that seems odd.  What changed?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mazrimiv said:

The puzzling thing to me is that GB/MLF must have had positive vibes after Leonhard's interview, and an expectation that he would accept the offer.  Otherwise, the offer never would have been made.  Given that GB did make the offer, there is no way Leonhard was signaling any reservations during the interview process.  For Leonhard to then turn around say he is declining the offer from GB because his heart isn't in it to leave UW... that seems odd.  What changed?

Who knows.  But there could be a few reasons.  

Assuming that GB expected a yes answer after the 2nd interview is odd.  Maybe Leonhard walked out feeling it was a bad fit.  Maybe Leonhard talked with his family, friends, mentors and that influenced his decision.   Maybe Alvarez got in his ear about "other opportunities " in the college game.