2021 GB Roster & Free Agents

squire12

On 2/14/2021 at 7:20 PM, coachbuns said:

He won't be getting 15 million in MHO.  He will be looking for a ring with somebody ... $$$ he already has.  Hall of Fame he already has.  For basically a 2 year deal at 6-8 million, he IS worth the risk.  Less snaps for him and using him in the right time/situations would make this a pretty appealing situation.

Yes, for 6-8 million per, he is definitely a risk worth taking. My point was just not at 15 million per. If he is willing to take just 6-8 million per from the Packers, then they should do it immediately.

1 hour ago, HighCalebR said:
byeeeee 33, thanks for the memories (aaron retweeted this)

Yep, I wish him all the best and hopefully a Brinks truck to pull up in his driveway.  He picked a hell of a year to become a FA, so I'm not sure what he'll get.   AJ33 played his tail off for us and has been a great teammate and community member. 

Maybe in two years when he gets cut from his big deal, we bring him back for another go.  In the meantime he and his sombrero walk off into the sunset. 

I’ve been told these are likely to be JJ Watt’s most important considerations in choosing his next team, remembering his priority is winning Super Bowl: 1. Quarterback. 2. Supporting personnel. 3. Money

At least we don't have to worry about him going to the Bears. 

4 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

At least we don't have to worry about him going to the Bears. 

I posted it in the NFL News thread on JJ Watts Release but I truly believe the order for him with these being said is as follows: 

1. Buffalo Bills - They have a young QB who is really showcasing he has it all, they're projected to be over the cap without having to make any moves and also have a very strong supporting cast around him.

2. Green Bay Packers - They have an older QB on a team who has been to back to back NFC Championship games, have an extremely good supporting cast for him but really have to make moves to make the money work.

3. Cleveland Browns - Are able to pay him, line him up next to Myles Garrett and have a good game manager in Baker Mayfield, potentially an up and coming team but also hasn't has much sustained success over the years.

4. Pittsburgh Steelers - I think the fact that their QB situation isn't yet resolved. Is Ben staying? Is he going and them being over the cap, if he's truly chasing a ring it takes them out of the equation all together. 

Although, I will admit that if GB can somehow get close to the Buffalo Bills offer, there's a good chance that he's a Packer as playing here has been a childhood dream of his. I just think ultimately if Bills can offer a good bit more than GB can then that's where he's headed. Unless, of course he wants to head to Cleveland who will be able to outbid everyone but that just doesn't seem like a Championship move to me. His best bet is the Bills or Packers imho.

1 hour ago, moretti19 said:

This takes the Kevin King pick to a whole new level. If we had TJ we likely would have already landed JJ Watt...... we might lose both Watts for Kevin King

Needed a CB way more than an Edge that draft. And if Watt went to Vanderbilt, no one would care. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cannondale said:

Needed a CB way more than an Edge that draft. And if Watt went to Vanderbilt, no one would care. 

Wrong and wrong.  That's a perfect example of why a team doesn't draft solely on need .. it cost the Packers big time.  Even though he went to Wis he was a damn good player even if he went to Vanderbilt. Granted, a crystal ball for the future would have been nice but it painfully obvious who ended up being the better player/pick.  

36 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Wrong and wrong.  That's a perfect example of why a team doesn't draft solely on need .. it cost the Packers big time.  Even though he went to Wis he was a damn good player even if he went to Vanderbilt. Granted, a crystal ball for the future would have been nice but it painfully obvious who ended up being the better player/pick.  

I suggest you take a look at the Depth Charts for the 2016 and 2017 seasons and review the Sam Shields injury timeline. Gunter was CB#1 for a time for the love of God. Davon House was brought in out of sheer desperation

Compare that with Edge where they had Matthews and Perry already on the roster, and it's not even a close decision. Especially since Watt had serious question marks. He was nowhere near a sure thing. Go read his bios pre-draft

Every single year fans could play the shoulda woulda card. The only reason this one has legs is because Watt is from Wisconsin. That's a stone cold fact. No different than the Troy Vincent vs Terrell Buckley thing that lasted for a decade. Shouldn't we still be screaming that we could have had Tom Brady in the 6th Round ?? Oh wait. He went to Michigan.  It's over. Turn the page already

Edited by cannondale
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, cannondale said:

I suggest you take a look at the Depth Charts for the 2016 and 2017 seasons and review the Sam Shields injury timeline. Gunter was CB#1 for a time for the love of God. Davon House was brought in out of sheer desperation

Compare that with Edge where they had Matthews and Perry already on the roster, and it's not even a close decision. Especially since Watt had serious question marks. He was nowhere near a sure thing. Go read his bios pre-draft

Every single year fans could play the shoulda woulda card. The only reason this one has legs is because Watt is from Wisconsin. That's a stone cold fact. No different than the Troy Vincent vs Terrell Buckley thing that lasted for a decade. Shouldn't we still be screaming that we could have had Tom Brady in the 6th Round ?? Oh wait. He went to Michigan.  It's over. Turn the page already

LOL .. pick and chose.  Face it, King turned out to be a disappointment big time and Watt a stud.  It's over ... face it ... turn the page.

59 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

LOL .. pick and chose.  Face it, King turned out to be a disappointment big time and Watt a stud.  It's over ... face it ... turn the page.

I was a fan of both Watt and King coming out.  

You can't argue that CB wasn't the biggest need that off-season.

King:  6'3''.  200 pounds.  4.43-40 yard dash.  6.56-3 cone.  Vertical-39.5.

King had all the measurables you wanted at corner.  There aren't many his size that can flat out run like him.  Those measurables are why you bring him back if he will cost $3.5M for year.  

King has flashed at times.  And burned at times.  That is the life of an NFL corner.  Pettine did him few favors.

And none of that takes away from the fact that TJ is by far the better player right now.  He should have been the pick using hindsight.  

It's also hard to argue against taking King in that year.

Using hindsight, Watt should have been selected in the top 3 or 5 of the 2017 draft.  It's not like it was only GB who whiffed on him.  

• Like 3