Deshaun Watson officially requests trade

.Buzz

8 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

The Jaguars aren't even close to winning. They had decent QB play and still went 1-15. That team is terrible overall. Adding a QB isn't going to change their fortune that quickly. Jaguars are still going to be trash when they draft Lawrence. 

We didn't have close to decent QB play. Mike Glennon and Jake Luton for half the year, and the other half of the year with Minshew (who got benched for Glennon) is decent QB play nowadays?

This teams bad, but it's also literred with young talent, a lot of draft capital, and $100M in cap. If Lawrence is what we think, we definitely won't "suck" next year, but we're likely talking a 6-8 win team.

20 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

With Watson on the team it wouldn't matter. The defense would be good enough. Despite all the injuries this season, the 49ers were still one of the best defenses in the league. That was also with a corpse of an offense. 

You’re acting like they’ll be the 2013 broncos on offense lol. They’d be great not overwhelming. I don’t see what separates them from Tampa assuming Brady plays on his same level.

Tampa has a top 5 offense and Defense by FO

Edited by CP3MVP

32 minutes ago, Jaguarfan said:

oh so you just didn't actually watch any jags games, got it

The Jaguars went 1-15 with a QB that had a 96 QB rating, my statement stands. THe Jaguars are a very bad team overall and Urban Meyer is extremely unreliable could just dip at any time like he did in college multiple times. 

Edited by NYJets4716

1 minute ago, NYJets4716 said:

The Jaguars went 1-15 with a QB that had a 96 QB rating, my statement stands. THe Jaguars are a very bad team overall and Urban Meyer is extremely unreliable could just dip at any time like he did in college multiple times. 

b98d2f95aa39fe3ff642ccfda79d714c.gif

The Jaguars in no way, shape, or form had "decent QB play". If you want to go off a couple statistics to come to a conclusion a group with the names Minshew, Glennon, and Luton was anything more than one of the worst QB situation in football than you've already lost.

46 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

We won 1 game last year. How are we in immediate win now mode?

Division rival in turmoil with an upset QB that appears to be on the move...so let's, bail them out with a generational QB prospect+more draft capital?

Bold strategy, cotton.

I’m just throwing it out there, they asked the question on nfl channel/ESPN the other day. 
Don’t kill the messenger 😆 

Just now, flyguy1609 said:

I’m just throwing it out there, they asked the question on nfl channel/ESPN the other day. 
Don’t kill the messenger 😆 

Nah I know it's being talked about. There's just zero sound reasoning for it.

44 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

The Jaguars in no way, shape, or form had "decent QB play". If you want to go off a couple statistics to come to a conclusion a group with the names Minshew, Glennon, and Luton was anything more than one of the worst QB situation in football than you've already lost.

4k yards and 25 TDs with a 63% cmp isnt bad. But 16 ints, 44 sacks and 9 fumbles is definitely not ideal. That said, Eli won a superbowl with almost the same stat line.

31 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

HOU presser today:

OK, sure.   Then 2 mins later, when asked on Watson, knowing he's made a trade request...

They don't call it the lying season for nothing. 

Those arent necessarily contradicting. The Texans most likely dont want to trade Watson (not interested) and very likely had Watson being on the roster in their plans/vision when making the staff. 

But at the same time, if it doesnt work, they would trade him if its the right thing. 

Edited by Matts4313

6 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

4k yards and 25 TDs with a 63% cmp isnt bad. But 16 ints, 44 sacks and 9 fumbles is definitely not ideal. That said, Eli won a superbowl with almost the same stat line.

With how offensive friendly the game has been catered to I'm not sure comparing bulk stats between now and even 8-10 years ago is fair, especially something like completion percentage.

Regardless, anyone who watched the Jaguars QB situation saw a flaming dumpster fire the entire year after week 2.

7 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

With how offensive friendly the game has been catered to I'm not sure comparing bulk stats between now and even 8-10 years ago is fair, especially something like completion percentage.

The big change happened in 2004, but your point still stands that across the board the passing game has been improved dramatically year over year.

7 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Regardless, anyone who watched the Jaguars QB situation saw a flaming dumpster fire the entire year after week 2.

Theres your problem. None of us actually watched a Jags game.

Just now, Matts4313 said:

The big change happened in 2004, but your point still stands that across the board the passing game has been improved dramatically year over year.

Theres your problem. None of us actually watched a Jags game.

Deservedly so on the latter.

So please, from a fanbase who's watched Gabbert, Bortles, Henne, Luke McCown, Mike Glennon, and Gardner Minshew throw the rock for the past decade, it was more of the same. We haven't seen "decent QB play" here since the Garrard days.