Deshaun Watson officially requests trade

.Buzz

1 minute ago, pwny said:

As someone who was right where @ET80 is, just a year and a half ago — He needs time away. And he needs the people involved to go away, and he needs something to give him a spark again. And you can’t pick a new team and make it work. All that harbored resentment gets in the way of enjoying another team.

When the curtain gets pulled back, and you see the truly awful way your organization is treating players, and how they’re driving away all the talent, the only thing you can do is to just resent everything.

I was lucky enough that everything came to ahead at the end of Coughlin’s tenure and that a single year of trading everyone away that he wronged cleaned house and that we fell into a great QB prospect. For ET though, the appearance now is that this may just be the beginning of the ish show in Houston. 

I can +1 this.  Bruce Allen had his grip on Washington for a decade and literally made me completely numb to the organization.  I hated everything they were.  Now with him gone its fun again.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

High character doesnt mean low ability

But the Texans don't care about ability. I get they're not mutually exclusive, but the Texans push away high ability - even if the character isn't really bad.

I mean, DeAndre Hopkins? What bad things has he done? Tyrann Mathieu? Kareem Jackson? What grave sin did those current Team Captains make?

8 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

No but there's a reason Kraft Blocked Casserio for leaving for so long.

It's. Not. Nick. Caserio.

I don't know how many times I have to say that to get this point across.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, pwny said:

As someone who was right where @ET80 is, just a year and a half ago — He needs time away. And he needs the people involved to go away, and he needs something to give him a spark again. And you can’t pick a new team and make it work. All that harbored resentment gets in the way of enjoying another team.

When the curtain gets pulled back, and you see the truly awful way your organization is treating players, and how they’re driving away all the talent, the only thing you can do is to just resent everything.

I was lucky enough that everything came to ahead at the end of Coughlin’s tenure and that a single year of trading everyone away that he wronged cleaned house and that we fell into a great QB prospect. For ET though, the appearance now is that this may just be the beginning of the ish show in Houston. 

This is it. Right here.

35 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'm happy for him too.

And I couldn't care less what the return is, I fully expect this FO to get these picks absolutely wrong...

...and I WANT them to get it wrong. I want everyone in that building to fail, miserably at that. I want them to fall into a 50 year pit of despair, like the Lions did after trading away Bobby Layne.

I despise the Houston Texans now. Nothing is going to change that.

wtf rude 

1 minute ago, NYJets4716 said:

Well when the Jets give the Texans the 2nd overall pick they can take Justin Fields I guess.  

Nope. It's going to be a non-QB, and then Mac Jones or Kyle Trask with that Seattle 1st.

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

So sorry @ET80. I was heartbroken when we traded Mack, this must be 25x worse. Especially after DHop. 

I appreciate it, but don't feel bad for me - this makes detaching from this franchise for me that much easier. I'm taking a few days to process, but I'm setting sail from this poverty franchise.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Well when the Jets give the Texans the 2nd overall pick they can take Justin Fields I guess.  

Taking Justin Fields would be a massive mistake for that team. Mulugheta would continue to be a thorn in their side, because he’s never going to stop advocating for his players. And it’s clear right now that Houston is trying to play a “my way or the highway” game. It won’t end well. 

Just now, ET80 said:

I appreciate it, but don't feel bad for me - this makes detaching from this franchise for me that much easier. I'm taking a few days to process, but I'm setting sail from this poverty franchise.

I'd say come join the dark side but we aren't much further ahead than a Watson-less Texan franchise.