Deshaun Watson officially requests trade

.Buzz

11 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'll admit that watching Henry without a vested interest will be fun.

But, can't take you up on the offer - I'm leaning towards just going teamless. I get to enjoy good football - that's a great thing, IMO.

Honestly is a liberating feeling to be teamless. 

I gave up the Pacers some years back and went teamless, and I haven’t enjoyed the NBA more. Can just sit back and enjoy the games and the individual talent in the league.

Edited by TitanSlim
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Guess this is it.

Trade him to Miami or San Francisco - somewhere he's an immediate starter. 

I don't care what Houston gets in return, that franchise is dead to me going forward. I don't care what they choose to do with those draft picks, I'm out.

Sorry, man. It doesn't seem like any compensation for Watson will actually turn that team around. The problems are too deeply rooted. I know the feeling being a Bills fan. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You know, you warned me about religion, but youve brought up church/religion in 10 post a day for the last 2 weeks. Mod-abusing the little guy.

Also, you are a bummer right now. Cheer up homie. 

There's a fine line between recognizing that HOU's hires / decisions are partly based on the candidate's spirituality (or lack thereof) <OK>, vs. getting into discussions on aspects of religion, spirituality itself <not OK>.   I think we all (or at least most of us) recognize that.    It's impossible not to discuss HOU FO's ineptitude without recognizing what's driving some of their decisions, if it's not football-merit related.   We just can't beyond that, as per Webby - his forum, his rules (and to be fair, going deeper than a surface-level recognition of it as a motivation, is probably best for everyone in online Forums for productive & healthy discussions).   

And come on, let's also not pile on the Texans fans right now.    Other than Lions fans, there's no worse team to cheer for in the NFL today (and at least the Lions have a direction that has some football-basis - even if it does including the unnecessary maiming of kneecaps in its 2021 blueprint). 

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You know, you warned me about religion, but youve brought up church/religion in 10 post a day for the last 2 weeks. Mod-abusing the little guy.

*Shrug* you're right.

6 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Also, you are a bummer right now. Cheer up homie. 

Not happen for a few days/weeks/months. Going to sit and let this work out of my system. Might even take a few days off entirely.

I'm legitimately defeated on this one. Perhaps I cared too much to begin with, but you can't put the paste back in the tube on this one.

I see 3 strong contenders here. Jets and Dolphins have the most pieces to give up. It just comes down to who the Texans like the most among Tua, Fields, and Wilson. Or I guess it just comes down to who is the most religious out of that group - seems like Tua and Wilson have the leg-up there.

Not that anything the Texans are doing any of this rationally but if they decide they don't want to trade him within the conference, San Fran looks like the strongest bet especially considering Watson has a no trade clause. But that deal probably hinges on whether Caserio is a Jimmy G booster from his New England days, and whether the Niners are willing to part with Bosa. 

5 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

There's a fine line between recognizing that HOU's hires / decisions are partly based on the candidate's spirituality (or lack thereof) <OK>, vs. getting into discussions on aspects of religion, spirituality itself <not OK>.   I think we all (or at least most of us) recognize that.    It's impossible not to discuss HOU FO's ineptitude without recognizing what's driving some of their decisions, if it's not football-merit related.   We just can't beyond that, as per Webby - his forum, his rules (and to be fair, going deeper than a surface-level recognition of it as a motivation, is probably best for everyone in online Forums for productive & healthy discussions).   

And come on, let's also not pile on the Texans fans right now.    Other than Lions fans, there's no worse team to cheer for in the NFL today (and at least the Lions have a direction that has some football-basis - even if it does including the unnecessary maiming of kneecaps in its 2021 blueprint). 

Im just busting ET's balls.

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

*Shrug* you're right.

Not happen for a few days/weeks/months. Going to sit and let this work out of my system. Might even take a few days off entirely.

I'm legitimately defeated on this one. Perhaps I cared too much to begin with, but you can't put the paste back in the tube on this one.

I seriously think you guys are going to clean up on this trade. Watson is going to get you at least 3 first rounders. 

2 minutes ago, BofaDeez54927 said:

Do you trade Chase Young and a pick or two for Watson? Would Watson go play for Rivera?

My gut says that he'll play anywhere but Houston. WFT, Carolina, San Francisco, NYJ, Miami - all on the table, along with others.

I strongly feel that the Jets/Dolphins talk is generated by the Texans themselves - targeting teams with picks in the top five along with additional picks in this draft. NYJ is "preferred" because it'll take a lot more in terms of personnel to turn them into a viable team - any future picks could be feasibly higher than a Miami haul, simply because Miami goes from fringe playoff contender to SB contender with Watson, whereas NYJ goes from Top 5 to fringe playoff contender with Watson.

Just a hunch.