Deshaun Watson officially requests trade

.Buzz

2 hours ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

And will still finish in 2nd behind the Trevor Lawrence led Jacksonville Jaguars.

Not even TLaw can save the Jacksonville franchise from...

Use Derrick Henry and Carry Your Profits to the Endzone | Derrick Henry  Meme on ME.ME

But I mean even if that is the case I'd take 2nd still over having to deal with Luck and Watson twice a year each.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Guess this is it.

Trade him to Miami or San Francisco - somewhere he's an immediate starter. 

I don't care what Houston gets in return, that franchise is dead to me going forward. I don't care what they choose to do with those draft picks, I'm out.

While certainly nowhere near the same situation, I can say I experienced high levels of frustration after we drafted Young and basically locked McNair out. It was a crappy period for the franchise, and it took us a while to dig ourselves out. Things may be bleak now, but eventually it'll get better. Still... I understand where you are coming from, and I understand why you feel the way you feel. Watson, in his prime... damn.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Not trying to get into a pissing contract... because you're right.

Doesn't make it less bothersome. The Texans aren't trying to be Patriots South, they're trying to be Lakewood West (Joel Osteen's church).

They're not interested in fielding a competent football team at this point.

Tebow's only 33.  He's got some good years left in him.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

The package doesn't matter if you're not on his shortlist. We need to find out his desired destinations...THEN we can speculate what would be a fair offer.

Jets can likely make the best offer (Darnold, #2, additional 1sts, 2nds, etc)

Actually it does. Texans have him locked in for years and he’s a huge cap hit in a trade. Unless they get what they want, they probably will just start fining him if he doesn’t report.

56 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Not trying to get into a pissing contract... because you're right.

Doesn't make it less bothersome. The Texans aren't trying to be Patriots South, they're trying to be Lakewood West (Joel Osteen's church).

They're not interested in fielding a competent football team at this point.

So Easterby is going to value Tua, his strong faith, and his strong traditional family, as at least 2 first rounders, right?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, hrubes20 said:

So Easterby is going to value Tua, his strong faith, and his strong traditional family, as at least 2 first rounders, right?

"How does Jack Easterby feel about Mormonism" is not something I expected to be asking when trying to figure out NFL offseason trades, but it may literally decide whether the Dolphins or Jets get Watson. 

• Like 2

I don't know why you are all judging this Jack Easterby guy so harshly. He's clearly not building a good football team but maybe there is a very valid reason for that? Maybe NRG got haunted and he needs a lot of faith to exorcise the ghosts? Maybe Trevor Lawrence is literally the devil and the only chance of winning a game against the Jags will be to pray him away? Or maybe having so many nice people join the organization will make it a really nice place to work for the players and while they might not be winning many games they will really enjoy going to work every day, that has got to count for something as well!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DutchFalcon said:

I don't know why you are all judging this Jack Easterby guy so harshly.

...um...

10 minutes ago, DutchFalcon said:

He's clearly not building a good football team but maybe there is a very valid reason for that? Maybe NRG got haunted and he needs a lot of faith to exorcise the ghosts? Maybe Trevor Lawrence is literally the devil and the only chance of winning a game against the Jags will be to pray him away? Or maybe having so many nice people join the organization will make it a really nice place to work for the players and while they might not be winning many games they will really enjoy going to work every day, that has got to count for something as well!

First Half GIF

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

I see 3 strong contenders here. Jets and Dolphins have the most pieces to give up. It just comes down to who the Texans like the most among Tua, Fields, and Wilson. Or I guess it just comes down to who is the most religious out of that group - seems like Tua and Wilson have the leg-up there.

Not that anything the Texans are doing any of this rationally but if they decide they don't want to trade him within the conference, San Fran looks like the strongest bet especially considering Watson has a no trade clause. But that deal probably hinges on whether Caserio is a Jimmy G booster from his New England days, and whether the Niners are willing to part with Bosa. 

I think this is clearly the Jets. Like you said Wilson is going to present a “strong philosophical” background for the Texans to get behind and the Jets have more value they can provide IMO.

I’m interested to see what Watson goes for though, personally I think it’ll be #2, #27, and a 2022 1st.

I’m sure some will claim that’s undervaluing Watson and it probably is, but the Watson trade clause presenting only select teams will limit their ability to drive up the market as well as the fact that them having a top 2 pick means they get an immediate franchise level QB prospect to boot.

I think for both the Texans and the Jets that makes more sense than trading Watson for 4/5 1sts from a team like NE, SF, etc. The Jets can give them an opportunity at quickly replacing their franchise QB with another as well as obtaining additional resources. The value the Jets deal presents, even with only 3 picks I think would be the Texans best bet.

What’s more if the Dolphins truly believe in Tua than I just don’t know how they would offer more value than the Jets here. You’d think they’d trust the process here and simply use that #3 selection for Penei Sewell than trading away Tua, #3, #18, and a 1st. At some point it seems like you’d think they’d have to tap out and just trust the process.

Edited by diamondbull424

Side note - Deshaun Watson is going to be a participant in the Pro Bowl stuff this weekend. He'll probably get microphones in his face asking about this.

The Pro Bowl might have just become must-watch TV.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I'll admit that watching Henry without a vested interest will be fun.

But, can't take you up on the offer - I'm leaning towards just going teamless. I get to enjoy good football - that's a great thing, IMO.

I did it once before when the Oilers left town. Time to wear that mask again. I refuse to support this inept led organization. Brothers in arms

• Like 1