Super Bowl Post Game Discussion

Webmaster

35 minutes ago, The Third Rider said:

The Chiefs should still be favorites but If I had told you after last year's super bowl that you would lose this super bowl to buccaneers would you have believed it? A lot of things change.

That depends, do you tell me that Brett Reid decides to get drunk and go play bumper cars right before the game and put a little girl in critical condition also?

40 minutes ago, Kirill said:

That depends, do you tell me that Brett Reid decides to get drunk and go play bumper cars right before the game and put a little girl in critical condition also?

I tell you Mahomes has the worst game of his career, they lose by 22 points all because the linebackers coach gets into a traffic accident.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

More toolish than Honey Badger tweeting out that Brady called him “something I won’t repeat”, then deleting the tweet as soon as he found out Brady was mic’d up for the game?

Yeah, nah.

Kelce, Tyreek, Reid, Badger...the less toolish team won the game

Honey Badger taking a page out of the Myles Garrett playbook. 

• Like 2

Who is going to stop a team that got to 2 straight Super Bowls in 2 years?

Try 14 out of the 17 teams that played in multiple Super Bowls failed to get back a 3rd time.

The 16-18 Patriots, The 71-73 Dolphins, and the 90-93 Bills were the only teams to do this.

Teams that win first and lose the next year have only gone back if their QB was Thomas Edward Patrick Brady Jr

It'll be easy though because you like your team. That's how these things always go.

Edited by SkippyX
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Tampa Bay can repeat, but they need to draft heavy for that front 7. I think AB returns cheaper than what people expect because of his age. I think they keep Godwin. So that offense will be ready to go.

However, I think they lose Shaq, Suh, and Fournette. Maybe David as well.

Ehh...   I think they keep Shaq and David before anyone else.  Suh will prolly retire if anything I don't see him going to another team.  Fournette is probably gone.   I could see them letting Chris Godwin go instead of David or Shaq.  They have enough cap to keep them all they would have to back load some contracts and move some money around which is something the Bucs GM and Greenberg really don't do but this is a different circumstance I think they will make an exception for.   Gronk I see doing the same thing like Suh and he will either play for the Bucs or retire.  I'm not sure about AB....  I didn't even see him at the parade

5 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Tampa Bay can repeat, but they need to draft heavy for that front 7. I think AB returns cheaper than what people expect because of his age. I think they keep Godwin. So that offense will be ready to go.

However, I think they lose Shaq, Suh, and Fournette. Maybe David as well.

AB probably stays for cheap because I don't think a lot of teams want to take a chance on him without Brady to keep him in check. He could very well be a pro-bowl WR if given a full offseason to learn and integrate into the Bucs offense. We saw that his route running ability is still as good as ever on that TD before the half.

Fournette I don't think would be that expensive to keep around. Suh is probably gone, but I could see them franchising Shaq.

Hard to say what happens with Godwin.

9 hours ago, The Third Rider said:
10 hours ago, Kirill said:

I tell you Mahomes has the worst game of his career, they lose by 22 points all because the linebackers coach gets into a traffic accident.

seth rollins sport GIF by WWE

10 hours ago, The Third Rider said:

The Chiefs should still be favorites but If I had told you after last year's super bowl that you would lose this super bowl to buccaneers would you have believed it? A lot of things change.

I would. The NFC Champion has had a losing record the previous season ever since 2015 (Carolina was 7-8-1 in 2014)

8 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Here's a question for everyone. Based on what we saw from the Chiefs in the Superbowl, are there any NFC playoff teams that wouldn't have beaten the Chiefs last Sunday? I honestly don't think there is.

WFT, Bears. But also depends on what their Defensive coordinator would’ve done. Would they have done what Bowles did? I personally don’t think every other team would Also Have held Chiefs to 9 Points. 

• Like 1