House of the Dragon - Season 2 - June 16

Acgott

First time I couldn't even remotely rationalize a person's decision in this show or GoT. There is simply no remotely convincing justification for Rhaenys to not end it there.

Alicent with a touch of redemption, that's good because up until now the turn from sweet girl to complete *beep* made no sense. 

I stan Ser Harrold. Only really honorable person in this whole show.

Cole needs to go. He isn't even a fun villian like Cersie and Tywin were. He is just trash.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, mse326 said:

First time I couldn't even remotely rationalize a person's decision in this show or GoT. There is simply no remotely convincing justification for Rhaenys to not end it there.

Alicent with a touch of redemption, that's good because up until now the turn from sweet girl to complete *beep* made no sense. 

I stan Ser Harrold. Only really honorable person in this whole show.

Cole needs to go. He isn't even a fun villian like Cersie and Tywin were. He is just trash.

Was hoping Cole at least got torched, hoping Rhaenyra gets to do the honors next episode.

6 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Yeah, Ser Harrold Westerling is about the only honorable badass in sight.  That and whichever of Erryk or Arryk it was that helped Rhanys escape.

Considering they are hanging lords in the Red Keep, I can't imagine anyone there feels all that righteous.

Westerling is very interesting for the show going forward. They can do just about anything with him because he died before Viserys in the book.

50 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Yeah, Ser Harrold Westerling is about the only honorable badass in sight.  That and whichever of Erryk or Arryk it was that helped Rhanys escape.

Considering they are hanging lords in the Red Keep, I can't imagine anyone there feels all that righteous.

I wish they would expand more on these characters. I would love for him to get more character story, it would be good for them to develop the characters on the severe end of the morality spectrum, like him. Same with Larys Strong. He's barely been in the show it feels like, and he's on the complete opposite end of the moral spectrum as Ser Harrold. But I'm assuming we'll get more of him next season. 

Also, not related, read an article recently about the producer baffled at why everyone loves Daemon. I was a bit dumbstruck. 1)it's not hard to see why he's your best character so far and 2)if you can't see why everyone loves your best character, it makes me doubt your ability to make me love or hate others down the road, sheesh.  

• Like 1

That actually makes me wonder where Ser Harrold Westerling is during the show after he walks out of the court. And also what made one of the brothers have a change of heart and decided to get Rhaenys get out of the city. Maybe Rhaebyra has two more allies going forward.

2 hours ago, NickButera said:

I wish they would expand more on these characters. I would love for him to get more character story, it would be good for them to develop the characters on the severe end of the morality spectrum, like him. Same with Larys Strong. He's barely been in the show it feels like, and he's on the complete opposite end of the moral spectrum as Ser Harrold. But I'm assuming we'll get more of him next season. 

Also, not related, read an article recently about the producer baffled at why everyone loves Daemon. I was a bit dumbstruck. 1)it's not hard to see why he's your best character so far and 2)if you can't see why everyone loves your best character, it makes me doubt your ability to make me love or hate others down the road, sheesh.  

Wasn’t it more about the boyfriend vibes he is getting from woman online who are in love with him. Even tho he is piece of garbage.

1 hour ago, Fresh Prince said:

Wasn’t it more about the boyfriend vibes he is getting from woman online who are in love with him. Even tho he is piece of garbage.

Perhaps. But I took it as there is general admiration for this character. Some express it as "ahh dreamy" some as "whoa best actor" and some just as "my favorite character". He really falls into all those categories. To come out and say "I have no idea why they would say that" is a bit tone-def to your audience AND your very good accomplishment 

It would be like if I created a food that is amazing, and then having no idea why some people say "omg its orgasmic" as their expression of admiration. 

That was a delicious finale, shame how long we must wait to see season 2. But the war has officially kicked off. I liked the manner and subtleties that went into showing that event - don't think Aemond intended for it to go that far, but its been hinted that dragons can't really be controlled.

• Like 3

• Acgott changed the title to House of the Dragon - Season 2 - June 16