Bills sign QB Mitch Trubisky (1 year deal, $2.5M)

RaidersAreOne

5 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

Well this was probably as good of a landing spot as he could have hoped for.

Weird because I was just thinking how terrible of a landing spot this is. Blows my mind that a team is willing to pay and start Andy Dalton over Mitch Trubisky after the promise he showed toward the tail end of the year. I'm really surprised he couldn't earn a more competitive situation like Carolina, Denver, Vegas, etc.

4 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Weird because I was just thinking how terrible of a landing spot this is. Blows my mind that a team is willing to pay and start Andy Dalton over Mitch Trubisky after the promise he showed toward the tail end of the year. I'm really surprised he couldn't earn a more competitive situation like Carolina, Denver, Vegas, etc.

That's because it was an illusion. In a dumbed down offense he showed his true self in the playoffs. Running out of bounds on 4th down. 

It was a few years ago but in so many words during the training camp press conferences it was basically inferred that he can't tell the difference between zone or man coverage at times. That hasn't changed. 

Edited by GOGRIESE

4 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

That's because it was an illusion. In a dumbed down offense he showed his true self in the playoffs. Running out of bounds on 4th down. 

It was a few years ago but in so many words during the training camp press conferences it was basically inferred that he can't tell the difference between zone or man coverage at times. That hasn't changed. 

I'm not implying that I think he's good. But he put some good tape out there to end the year and I'm just surprised some team doesn't see a young former top 5 pick that made some strides and didn't want to give him a chance, yet Andy Dalton can get good money to start. 

To be fair to him, he was playing a really strong Saints defense in that playoff appearance and wasn't getting any help from guys like Javon Wims. 

1 minute ago, SaveOurSonics said:

I'm not implying that I think he's good. But he put some good tape out there to end the year and I'm just surprised some team doesn't see a young former top 5 pick that made some strides and didn't want to give him a chance, yet Andy Dalton can get good money to start. 

To be fair to him, he was playing a really strong Saints defense in that playoff appearance and wasn't getting any help from guys like Javon Wims. 

Andy Dalton is a better QB for the Chicago Bears than Mitch would be. Mitch can't run anything close to Nagy's offense. His role needs to be take a step back and learn. 

19 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

It is weird that he went to a team with an entrenched starter. I wonder what's up with that? 

A paycheck and anonymity, perhaps? Goodness knows getting out of the public eye as "the guy drafted ahead of Mahomes and Watson" is the first step of rehabilitating what has to be a frayed psyche.

No pressure while backing up one of the league's future stars, Trubs can just clock in and out while refining his game out of any spotlight - or just go year to year as a backup, cashing checks and retiring with his limbs intact. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

This is a perfect backup for Josh Allen.... if Allen goes down we wont have to change playbook much. Very similar skill sets

Agree

Very good landing spot play style wise

Mitch is basically a poor man's version of Josh Allen 

Maybe whatever coaching up they did to Allen last year can help Trubisky's in the long run