FFMD 21 Discussion Thread

EaglesPeteC

28 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I like the pick and don't hate it whatsoever, I'm just curious if it could have been better spent elsewhere. I thought Moss and Singletary were solid enough and the addition of Brieda is good. They don't have many needs, so it makes sense, but I thought something like one of these backend corners might go. 

Singletary has been on the block since this exercise started. He just isn’t great at any one thing and has drops and fumble concerns. 

I love Moss. Think he can absolutely be an RB1 but he does have an injury history. Harris value was too good to pass up and he adds something in the pass game.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Someone please delete @Broncofan's comment in the draft thread. Thanks. @EaglesPeteC

It's sort of adorable. I'll miss it.

I've always been a fan of "Discussion" posts that find themselves in the draft thread. It's kinda like when your toddler, just learning to walk, stumbles and falls back on his/her bottom. You just have to stop and smile, because you know it's trying its best.

(Is this just me? It's probably just me.)

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Someone please delete @Broncofan's comment in the draft thread. Thanks. @EaglesPeteC

Just now, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

It's sort of adorable. I'll miss it.

I've always been a fan of "Discussion" posts that find themselves in the draft thread. It's kinda like when your toddler, just learning to walk, stumbles and falls back on his/her bottom. You just have to stop and smile, because you know it's trying its best.

(Is this just me? It's probably just me.)

Bill Hader Lol GIF by Team Coco - Find & Share on GIPHY

2 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

No way! We've all done it. (I sure have.) So. Many. Threads.

Yeah, too many windows - I thought I was posting in Discussion thread, oops.

Anyways, same comments here - just observations on the differences IRL we'll likely see, not a criticism of the picks per se:

1.   Don't think Mac Jones falls as far as 1.12.    Den's GM Paton has made it clear he's moving back if he's not going QB (top 4 guys are what the beat reporters are leaning to).   Watson's issues now mean there's another buyer for the top 4 QB's - don't think any of them will fall past 5, worst-case 7 (to get ahead of Carolina).

2.  Yeah, 3 RB's in Rd1 - but I think PIT is the only team that's likely going to go in Rd1.    BUF could look to upgrade RB on Day 2, but I think they'll go for EDGE, given pass rush would make that secondary be even scarier.   If only 1 RB goes in Rd1 - I don't see anyone moving up to get RB.  I do think the RB class is only 3-deep at the top for ready-to-go, bell-cow 3-down RB's.    I think whoever Pittsburgh skips, goes early.  I will say without a doubt - Paton is not moving up for a RB, that's all @BowserBroncos.   But IRL, I would be thrilled if Paton got Javonte Williams at 2.40.   MG3 is done, and we have no one long-term, and only Mike Boone signed for 2022 for 1 year.   Getting one of the top 3 RB's is a great move at 2.40 IMO.

3.  I think Parsons falls a LOT further than here.    FFMD and FF posters won't ding a guy for character flags nearly as much as GM's will IRL.   Reuben Foster & Derrius Guice are good IRL examples.   He's a top 10 talent, so he won't fall out of Rd1, but I also think he's going to drop a lot more than we saw here.

• Like 2

While it would be good for GB to upgrade secondary, Barmore would really help their run D, and get inside push - 2 key areas they struggled with (yes they were better in 2H, but a true interior push guy who can stuff the run would help change the character of the D in a big way).