Dolphins trade 3rd overall pick to SF

JiffyJag

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

It wouldn't surprise me if Burrow was lobbying for Chase.  If he wasn't, I'd be a bit concerned.  Sewell is the logical choice, Chase is the heart choice.  IF the Bengals are truly about making sure Joe Burrow succeeds, I don't see how picking Chase over Sewell is the answer.

If they go Chase at #5 they could target Radunz, Eichenberg, Cosmi, or Mayfield at #38 or with a trade up back into the back end of the 1st round. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

If they go Chase at #5 they could target Radunz, Eichenberg, Cosmi, or Mayfield at #38 or with a trade up back into the back end of the 1st round. 

They'd have to fall. We all know the Bengals move about once in a blue moon.

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Or you go Penei Sewell at 5, and then grab Rashod Bateman, Terrance Marshall, or Kadarius Toney.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Or you go Penei Sewell at 5, and then grab Rashod Bateman, Terrance Marshall, or Kadarius Toney.

C'mon now lets not be reasonable about things. I for one applaud the Bengals bravado if they take Chase over Sewell, the same way I would every other team between 1-12 NOT taking Sewell. That unlucky #13 team however can be unfortunate enough to draft him though. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

"кто сказал 'A'..."

Old Russian saying:  "Once you've said 'A'...[you must say 'B'.]"

Once San Francisco traded up to third, which is only necessary if choosing Justin Fields, they became logically committed to taking Fields.  (We assume Trevor Lawrence and Zach Wilson are gone.)

However, the wheel is still in spin.  If the Alabama Pro Day can convince John Lynch that Mac Jones can do as well in San Fran as the more mobile but less polished Fields the 49ers can trade down a few spots and still get their franchise QB.  Due diligence.

20 minutes ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

Once San Francisco traded up to third, which is only necessary if choosing Justin Fields, they became logically committed to taking Fields.  (We assume Trevor Lawrence and Zach Wilson are gone.)

However, the wheel is still in spin.  If the Alabama Pro Day can convince John Lynch that Mac Jones can do as well in San Fran as the more mobile but less polished Fields the 49ers can trade down a few spots and still get their franchise QB.  Due diligence.

Are they?

I heard previously that the pick was Lance.

18 minutes ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

One thing to note is the Niners are very heavy on smokescreens.

In 2017, the Niners attended Mahomes pro day when they had no intention of drafting him (doh!) 

In 2020, Chris Simms knew the Niners loved Brandon Aiyuk, yet he never broadcast that information.

Also in 2020, the Niners insisted Joe Staley was their LT right until they traded for Trent Williams. Staley retired minutes after the trade

And in 2021, the Niners insisted Jimmy G was their guy from December-March....until they executed the trade up. 

• Like 1