49ers QB Situation: What Would YOU Do?

J-ALL-DAY

10 hours ago, Split the Sticks said:

Trade JimmyG to the Patriots for a 9th rounder and a Popeye's chicken sandwich. I think BB will go for that, 😁

See the source image

That sandwich is no joke, might get Mahomes if you offer up three of these...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I'm not sure how people can discredit Jones this much. He's more than worthy of being the #3 pick as are Fields and Lance. 

All of them will be fine. No matter who the niners pick, I think that qb ends up no worse than the second best qb coming out of this class. 

But because of that, I also feel you can shoot for the moon

4 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Wilson and Murray’s mobility has given SF some issues.  You wonder if Shanahan wants that element in his QB.  He’s never had it.  

Still going with Fields. 

He had it with rg3.

6th in offensive dvoa, 6th in points per drive, 2nd in yards per play, 4th in points scored / ppg, 4th in redzone conversion. The only area they really struggled was third down conversations, but they were second best on 4th down.

Given the skill players around him (not amazingly great), and the fact that rg3 was a rookie, that's a pretty impressive season

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

Wilson and Murray’s mobility has given SF some issues.  You wonder if Shanahan wants that element in his QB.  He’s never had it.  

Still going with Fields. 

He also saw Allen just destroy this defense last year. Mobile QBs plus strong armed QBs are extremely hard to stop and Shanahan is well aware of that. He even said the ideal QB is one with all the best physical attributes while also being able to play the position well in the pocket.....The likes of Cousins being the QB he prefers the most is nonsense. 

4 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I just cant help but think its Lance, why waste Beck's time, Lance's time in doing this. 

@J-ALL-DAY mentioned it in our forum,  and I'm inclined to agree at this point...but I think that the 49ers really haven't made up their mind at this point. I thought for sure that they didn't make this trade without knowing who they were taking, but I'm not so convinced that is the case any longer. I think that they are open to all of them and really putting them through their paces. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Forge said:

@J-ALL-DAY mentioned it in our forum,  and I'm inclined to agree at this point...but I think that the 49ers really haven't made up their mind at this point. I thought for sure that they didn't make this trade without knowing who they were taking, but I'm not so convinced that is the case any longer. I think that they are open to all of them and really putting them through their paces. 

If this is the working theory, and it is completely possible, that means that all 5 of these QBs(because they clearly would love Lawrence and Wilson) caught the eye of the best offensive mind in the NFL. 

Or they had a guy they really liked and just are going through the process with the other 2 to do their due diligence but making a guy work with a QB coached with ties to your head coach and then basically orchestrating his pro day as if its a private workout just jumps out to me. 

This is going down to the wire, no one has any idea what's going on. 

22 minutes ago, Forge said:

Maybe they want to see how coachable he is from a trusted source. 

• Like 1