Loki - Disney+ - Season 2 Confirmed

Deadpulse

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

Ok, so Loki is totally playing a game with the whole train scene right?  Her criticizing him for not having a plan seems a little too on the nose for him to not be working a plan.

Yeah my thought is either we're in Loki's enchantment of Sylvie or Loki's broken pad thing was an illusion and he is biding time.

9 minutes ago, Canadian Saint said:

Yeah my thought is either we're in Loki's enchantment of Sylvie or Loki's broken pad thing was an illusion and he is biding time.

The broken pad was absolutely an illusion, of that I am certain. Whether the entire thing after Sylvie "woke up" on the train was an illusion or not I'm not sure.

• Like 1

Oof. Marvel what happened? This was essentially a filler episode. Felt like all the momentum the story had built up so far came to a grinding halt. Can't believe I spent 40 plus minutes watching Loki and...I guess Sylvie buddying around looking for a cell phone charger, without most of the bigger plot elements moving forward. Frustrating that Loki didn't press her hard for more questions about her identity and goals, and the answers we did get from Sylvie were just so vague. This series only has 6 episodes, and now it feels like the show only has 5 episodes. Blah. Hoping it gets better next week. 

• Like 3

Just now, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Oof. Marvel what happened? This was essentially a filler episode. Felt like all the momentum the story had built up so far came to a grinding halt. Can't believe I spent 40 plus minutes watching Loki and...I guess Sylvie buddying around looking for a cell phone charger, without most of the bigger plot elements moving forward. Frustrating that Loki didn't press her hard for more questions about her identity and goals, and the answers we did get from Sylvie were just so vague. This series only has 6 episodes, and now it feels like the show only has 5 episodes. Blah. Hoping it gets better next week. 

Have to say I agree with the filler discription, one of the bigger elements to the plot was almost just casually thrown in with the dialogue towards the end (discussion about enchantment and the individuals working at the TVA), but it seemed like they needed to stretch out the storyline for... reasons? 

I didn't mind the majority of the episode with the two learning more about each other, but I do wish there was more substance involved.

Yeah...this definitely felt like a "filler" episode. I mean, it sounds like the TVA agents are just variants who have been brainwashed (?) into believing the story about them being created by the Time Keepers...so we got something out of it, but overall not much of anything substantial. 

2 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

yall are crazy, I loved the episode. They built off of each other amazingly well with great chemistry throughout. We will be happy we got this character development for Sylvie before all is said and done.

Exactly, this episode is going to have a lot more context revealing how Loki is the superior Loki and he's been moving pieces around ever since he was in that TVA courtroom.

• Like 1

I enjoyed the episode, but it is definitely the kind of episode that reinforces my usual decision to binge stuff when it's all out instead of go week by week. I'm sure there will be some really crucial stuff from this episode that pays off in the next, or at least by the end, but this episode itself didn't do a ton.

Well, that episode fell off a cliff lol.  Way too reliant on surprisingly mediocre CGI and some really corny dialogue. That was the most terrifying apocalyptic ending lol?   Hopefully it bounces back but that was worse than any F&WS episode. 

On 6/23/2021 at 8:42 PM, Deadpulse said:

yall are crazy, I loved the episode. They built off of each other amazingly well with great chemistry throughout. We will be happy we got this character development for Sylvie before all is said and done.

I loved it, too. I'm a sucker for incredible landscapes, though, and this show delivers. I also thought the most recent episode had a lot of comedic value.

Overall, this show is AWESOME. Between The Mandalorian, Wandavision, Bad Batch, and now Loki- Disney is really putting out some great stuff. 

1 hour ago, WizeGuy said:

Overall, this show is AWESOME. Between The Mandalorian, Wandavision, Bad Batch, and now Loki- Disney is really putting out some great stuff. 

Agreed, although they still need to release some new shows not directly related to their major properties (Marvel, Star Wars, Pixar). What happened to all the Disney Channel originals made for tweens (Kickin It, Dog with a Blog, ANT Farm, Good Luck Charlie, Lab Rats, Suite Life with Zack and Cody, Austin & Ally, Best Friends Whenever)?  My twins loved those when they were ages 8-11, and they should be pumping those out on Disney+ now. Or how about some new cartoons in the vein of Phineas and Ferb, Miraculous, Big City Greens, the Duck Tales reboot, Gravity Falls, etc...).  I get that the big properties are their money makers, but all that stuff I listed is stuff they need to continue with and promote.  I still have boys ages 7 and 11, and they love those kind of shows still, although i'm not sure how much longer for the 11 year old.

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

Agreed, although they still need to release some new shows not directly related to their major properties (Marvel, Star Wars, Pixar). What happened to all the Disney Channel originals made for tweens (Kickin It, Dog with a Blog, ANT Farm, Good Luck Charlie, Lab Rats, Suite Life with Zack and Cody, Austin & Ally, Best Friends Whenever)?  My twins loved those when they were ages 8-11, and they should be pumping those out on Disney+ now. Or how about some new cartoons in the vein of Phineas and Ferb, Miraculous, Big City Greens, the Duck Tales reboot, Gravity Falls, etc...).  I get that the big properties are their money makers, but all that stuff I listed is stuff they need to continue with and promote.  I still have boys ages 7 and 11, and they love those kind of shows still, although i'm not sure how much longer for the 11 year old.

I haven’t been impressed with anything Disney has released animated wise in a long time. I hate the new animation style and I’m so tired of their live action remakes - they’ve all sucked.

10 minutes ago, D82 said:

I haven’t been impressed with anything Disney has released animated wise in a long time. I hate the new animation style and I’m so tired of their live action remakes - they’ve all sucked.

Discounting Star Wars, i'd argue Disney's last great cartoon was Phineas and Ferb.