Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

3 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

It's called "work to rule". It's done in negotiations to do the bare minimum and collect your pay check. 

I don't care what it's called. The scenario you described isn't going to happen. 1) Aaron's ego is too big to show up and sandbag it to get sent home and 2) we're not going to ask him to go home. Aaron's problem isn't with the guys on the field nor is it with MLF. He's not going to show up and **** all over his teammates or fans like that. He wants to come out of this looking clean and, if he does that, he's instantly hated. Trust me, your scenario is about as likely as me banging Kristina Ewing this weekend.

Edited by beekay414

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I don't care what it's called. The scenario you described isn't going to happen. 1) Aaron's ego is too big to show up and sandbag it to get sent home and 2) we're not going to ask him to go home. Aaron's problem isn't with the guys on the field nor is it with MLF. He's not going to show up and **** all over his teammates or fans like that. He wants to come out of this looking clean and, if he does that, he's instantly hated. Trust me, your scenario is about as likely as me banging Kristina Ewing this weekend.

Basically... all AR needs to do is let management know his intension will be to do 'work to rule' during practice/camp and get his checks (the day before). Under that scenario, and to avoid further team disruption, GB simply advises AR not to come but that he'll still be paid. And AR still comes out looking rather clean. 

AR still has leverage

8 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

Basically... all AR needs to do is let management know his intension will be to do 'work to rule' during practice/camp and get his checks (the day before). Under that scenario, and to avoid further team disruption, GB simply advises AR not to come but that he'll still be paid. And AR still comes out looking rather clean. 

AR still has leverage

He really doesn't lol

18 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

It's called "work to rule". It's done in negotiations to do the bare minimum and collect your pay check. 

And then have all his teammates start to hate him, and trash his own legacy? Yea, I’m sure that will happen...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

GB says "Show up and play, we're not trading you"

AR shows up, takes a snap and takes a knee in practice, collects his money.

What does GB do?

They ask him to stay away from the team, while getting all his money (and keeping all his bonus money for season games)

(That's obviously the worse case for GB, but within possibililty)

GB takes it to the NFL assigned independent arbitrator, argues that Rodgers clearly isn't living up to the terms of his contract and requests that until he attempts to do so, Rodgers not be credited with an accrued season. 

7 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Aaron's problem isn't with the guys on the field nor is it with MLF. 

This is yet another reason why I believe he ultimately shows up even if he doesn't get the deal he wants long term. Once August comes around, it becomes more just about playing football with your teammates and coaching staff. Hell, Rodgers could play the entire season without saying a word to the FO guys. If he still wants out after the season, he can easily demand a trade as soon as it's over. 

12 hours ago, packfanfb said:

If Bob says he's not coming back, that only confirms it for me that he's coming back.

I just find it amusing that both parties are using the media to get some kind of message out. It started this week with the Packers saying we ain't trading Aaron and the week ends with Bob saying Aaron ain't coming back. All silly little games.

• Like 1

Ol Rodg has absolutely zero leverage.  Again, not only would any attempt to scuttle the ship fail but to attempt to would be to crap on the franchise, crap on the fans, crap on his own mates.  He would be making the move of a perverted childish fool.  He's a lot of thing but he's not that.  

Either the two sides will come to an agreement, and hopefully one that does not bury the team in guaranteed money, he will retire and write the team a very large check in a couple of installments, or he will be traded on the teams terms.  He needs to honor his signature in the meantime.

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

If he still wants out after the season, he can easily demand a trade as soon as it's over. 

Then his desire to leave will dovetail with the terms of his contract and GB can move him w/o catastrophic effects on their cap.

1 hour ago, Brit Pack said:

I just find it amusing that both parties are using the media to get some kind of message out. It started this week with the Packers saying we ain't trading Aaron and the week ends with Bob saying Aaron ain't coming back. All silly little games.

Not sure how you'd expect GB to respond to the media questions they're receiving.....

Although I started glossing over a lot of this stuff a couple weeks ago......I'm sure they're been asked what they will do when/if he doesnt show up and/or will they trade him - to which, they've responded: they're not trading him.

Not sure that constitutes "getting some kind of message out" (as if they're engaged in PR warfare) or simply responding to a direct question.

If Rodgers shows up to play in GB without a revised contract, I fully expect a repeat of 2018.  It will be a wasted season, and next off-season will be an even bigger mess than this one.  It's  a lose-lose situation.  Anyone who thinks GB is going to be a winning team in 2021 with Rodgers playing QB under his current contract is kidding themselves.

8 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

If Rodgers shows up to play in GB without a revised contract, I fully expect a repeat of 2018.  It will be a wasted season

Details as to why?

AR's gonna tank a team thats gone 26-6 and been to two straight NFCCGs (?) cause he's in a mood? You actually think he'd do that?

Not only do I think we would have a "winning" season next year with Ol Rodg at QB with his current deal I think we likely have one with 10 at QB.  12 has had many years to get us to a Super Bowl and has failed save 1 year.  1-4 in NFC Championship games, 1-7 in playoff games when behind at half time and he left 3 TD's on the field in his last attempt that were just sitting there waiting for him to make the play.  There's nothing saying he'd do any better with the guaranteed money long term contract he wants.  

Do not bend front office.  Do not bury the team in a long term no way out deal that will land us with mountains of dead money and an aging QB.  He can play or he can retire.  Or if you get a boatload offer move him.