Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

32 minutes ago, 15412 said:

You are wrong on every count, but let's examine the best two.

" Doesn't matter how the OL plays? "

As I said, 3 TD's sitting there waiting for the play to be made.

"You saw Mahomes fail similarly when the pressure was extreme."

Yes, Mahomes was missing multiple starters.  The difference is Mahomes was playing on one leg.  Different outcome had Mahomes been healthy.  As healthy as ol Rodg was..

Lol nah. The Bucs woulda still won easily. 

34 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Does Vegas have odds on if Aaron is showing up tomorrow? I'm guessing not and you'd have to lay quite a bit to get very little that he does show up. 

I checked Bovada and you can still bet if Rodgers will be the next full time jeopardy host lol. +650 on yes. 

Who's taking that...

The more I think about it, I don’t see why the Packers would trade Rodgers before the season unless the trade includes either a QB in return or another player in return.

His value (in terms of draft picks) is likely the same whether you trade him now or next offseason, and you can’t spend those picks until April 2022 anyway. Waiting to trade him prevents you potentially running into him this season, and also leaves open the possibility of a reconciliation at some point.

However if there’s a QB or star veteran coming to GB as part of the deal, then it could make sense to do it this summer. At least then you’d get some benefit in 2021.

I reckon there’s a 70%-80% chance that Rodgers is still a Packer by the start of the regular season, however the real question is whether or not he will hold out and refuse to play. If he does sit the season out then you trade him in March for a huge ransom. 

Word seems to be that GB will excuse AR absence at mini camp and no fines will be given to him. 

As I suspected, GB may prefer he stay away, if there's a chance a standoff (fine or AR 'work to rule') makes the situation worse for the time being. 

Edited by CriminalMind

FFS, Packers.  Grow some balls.  Fine the **** out of him or trade him.

We weren’t winning another Super Bowl with Favre.  Ted Thompson knew that the moment he watched the replay of the Giants interception when everybody was open except who Favre threw it to.

We’re not winning another Super Bowl with Aaron, either.

Two of the greatest quarterbacks to ever play and two Super Bowls between them.  One in an uncapped year and one when nobody knew WTF they were doing with the cap.

At this point we have a better chance of winning two Super Bowls with the haul we get and Jordan Love being even Tannehill level than we do of winning one Super Bowl groveling at the most egotistical QB to ever play the game and constantly giving him new deals two or three years before his current deal is up.

• Like 3

Andrew Brandt -   Packers will never admit it, but they would be fine with Aaron skipping minicamp (and maybe some training camp). When Favre stayed in Mississippi those offseasons, we got to see Aaron run the team in the offseason, great evaluation period. The Packers now do the same with Love.

12 minutes ago, Leader said:

Andrew Brandt -   Packers will never admit it, but they would be fine with Aaron skipping minicamp (and maybe some training camp). When Favre stayed in Mississippi those offseasons, we got to see Aaron run the team in the offseason, great evaluation period. The Packers now do the same with Love.

I'm hoping that Love can cut it loose at some point in this minicamp.  He'll have a ton more talent on hand at WR, and hopefully the coaches will be able to open things up a bit more.  All told I think the Packers drafted their heir to Rodgers at least two years too early, but given the current circumstances I'm hoping Love starts to inspire the confidence of coaches, players and fans alike.  I don't think you have to be an elite talent to find success in this current GB offense, so hopefully it starts coming quickly to Love.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

We weren’t winning another Super Bowl with Favre.  Ted Thompson knew that the moment he watched the replay of the Giants interception when everybody was open except who Favre threw it to.

Two of the greatest quarterbacks to ever play and two Super Bowls between them.  One in an uncapped year and one when nobody knew WTF they were doing with the cap.

At this point we have a better chance of winning two Super Bowls with the haul we get and Jordan Love being even Tannehill level than we do of winning one Super Bowl groveling at the most egotistical QB to ever play the game and constantly giving him new deals two or three years before his current deal is up.

It's 93k in fines. It's not moving the needle to get him to come, and it's only gonna piss him off.

Let Love get his reps. 

The real pain is gonna come in TC.

32 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

It's 93k in fines. It's not moving the needle to get him to come, and it's only gonna piss him off.

Let Love get his reps. 

The real pain is gonna come in TC.

You think he shows up for camp or is he too dug in?

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I would have agreed 100% prior to last year, but toward end of last season you were best team in league and were probably a key injury or play call or whatever from winning it all.   

Packers are doing worst of all worlds IMO.  Nothing.   Offer him moon or trade him and time to trade him for maximum value was pre-draft.   

Every day that goes by his value decreases as teams cement other plans for season and he gets older.  

Forcing retirement or play is a spite move that serves no one.   I guess hope is he blinks and breaks and joins team and their original plan is intact. 

But will you get best efforts in that case?  

2 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I would have agreed 100% prior to last year, but toward end of last season you were best team in league and were probably a key injury or play call or whatever from winning it all.   

Packers are doing worst of all worlds IMO.  Nothing.   Offer him moon or trade him and time to trade him for maximum value was pre-draft.   

Every day that goes by his value decreases as teams cement other plans for season and he gets older.  

Forcing retirement or play is a spite move that serves no one.   I guess hope is he blinks and breaks and joins team and their original plan is intact. 

But will you get best efforts in that case?  

I honestly don't care if he is traded, retires or plays.  Either way, my life is not going to be impacted by #12.

But, to your question, if he comes back, will we get "best efforts"?

My opinion is that Rodgers is a professional.  Once he is in the locker room, with his friends, he will be "in" at 100%.

Only way that changes is if our coach goes back to running the ball more in the red zone and taking away some of his TD passes.  That's when the body language changes.  We went back to throwing more TD's this past season, and if that remains the same, I feel like we are all good.

• Like 2