Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

8 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

That's fine. No need to spew that AR is holding the team hostage, when he is clearly not. GB always has the option to remove the problem if and when they see fit. Its easier to argue that GB might be holding him hostage, depending how the "undisclosed conversations" transpired. 

Seriously?  LOL ...  Rodgers is certainly holding the Packers toes to the fire and doesn't bother him a bit.  Remove the problem?  Yup, it's just that easy.  🙄

I think this is all about future years security in Green Bay for Rodgers.  It has nothing to do with money, getting Gute fired or asking to be traded which IMO is all media driven BS.  

I think the Packers are trying to solve it with money.  I'm not sure that is going to work.  

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The national media and even our own fans have been tearing down our players to prop up Rodgers for years. Got to stir controversy somehow. 

This needs to be printed in bold and pinned on the top of all pages of this thread.  

I was guilty of the same thing with Brett Favre.  Then I promised myself never to do that again.  It seems that many don't have the same mindset.  

Yes, show up and get to work.  Ol Rodg won't retire, he really can't.  He has no other choice.  He owes the Packers 3 more seasons.  He has no leverage at all.  Now one bullet the Packers have of course is to trade him, but that's completely on the teams terms.  I believe the team should indeed be looking into that, but again, that's up to the team and only the team.

11 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Why even care what Schefter/ESPN think? They prove every year they don't know **** about anything lol. The entire nationwide sports coverage has gone nothing but "for the clicks" and "shock jock" nonsense. There's a reason I haven't turned ESPN on for non-game stuff in almost a year.

Going on about 10 years for me.  No ESPN.  I couldn't handle seeing or listening to Berman anymore.  Dude is creepy all the way around, including his personal life.  

3 hours ago, packfanfb said:

From a legal standpoint yes, the team has rights the player does not. My post was more about the reality of the idea that a player (or team) has to live or die by the terms of the contract is a fallacy. While a player can't simply cut himself like a team can before the contract expires, he has mechanisms to leverage new terms rather than just abiding by the original deal...especially if you're a top 5 player on the team. This is precisely what 12 is doing. 

Great.

We agree.

This is a contract matter.

👍

My ONLY bone of contention is that AR's not voiced this publicly - once.

Not. Once.

Instead, this "spectrum" of complaints (ranging from the absurd to the "huh?") has been spread across the sports media world to become the basis for this disagreement.

Communication.
Jake
AVP
The GM
"It's the people...."
Yadayadayada

Ridiculous.

I - personally - think this reflects badly on him - personally. I think it somewhat spineless in fact.

You have a valid issue, concern or complaint? Fine. Voice it.
Supposedly it has some merit and if so, it will become the basis of discussion.

That's what AR should be doing - instead of "lavishing" and "swimming around" in the media storm he's created - but it's entirely consistent with his passive aggressive style.

The Packers aren't going to be move to resolve matters because of public opinion.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Leader said:

Instead, this "spectrum" of complaints (ranging from the absurd to the "huh?") has been spread across the sports media world to become the basis for this disagreement.

AVP

p34715_p_v10_ar.jpg

Well, he does have some points.  That movie did stink pretty bad.  I can't believe that Gutekunst thought it was a good idea.

Just now, ThatJerkDave said:

Well, he does have some points.  That movie did stink pretty bad.  I can't believe that Gutekunst thought it was a good idea.

In actual fact, who's decision was it not to offer AVP a contract? Based on my readings at the time, I think it was MM.

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Going on about 10 years for me.  No ESPN.  I couldn't handle seeing or listening to Berman anymore.  Dude is creepy all the way around, including his personal life.  

+1. Schefter's tweet on draft day was a lie.  Claimed sources contacted him on Thursday morning then had to back track for the next week and admitted it was 'an accumulation of information.'

Try this:  https://www.si.com/nfl/talkoffame/nfl/rodgers-loves-people-who-love-him

Sums it up for me.

Thank you James Jones. Remember when Rodgers made the corpse of my guy JJ relevant again after being cut by Oakland? Nice to see the majority of this thread is still based on assumptions and grown men having their feelings  hurt by those assumptions. KING RODGERS THINKS HE SHOULD HAVE INPUT ON WHO THEY LET GO, THIS DIVA NEEDS TO GO! SHUT UP AND THROW

Edited by PackFan13

4 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

"If the player doesn't do what they contractually agreed to, it's fine because the team has the option of terminating the contract."

That's the argument you're making?

Or trading him

Or fining him

Or benching him