Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

3 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

FWIW, I think you’ve been taking this all too personally.  I get a jilted-lover vibe every time I read one of your posts.  Like visceral bitterness.  None of us are happy to be in this spot, and I think we all agree Rodgers could’ve handled the situation differently.  That said, most everyone outside of Rodgers and GB have a very incomplete picture of the situation.  Don’t let it become a complete drain of emotional energy.  

WTF dude this a forum to share ideas and opinions.  If you don't want to read my posts block them.  Yes we all have an incomplete picture because Rodgers has left everyone twisting in the wind.  Just laying out a very logical and plausible explanation of what is going on.  Something most of you have not considered.  Isn't that what this forum is for?   

AR seems to be the type of person that feels they need to "win" in this standoff. I don't think he simply shows up at camp and balls out and gives GB leverage to move him to whichever team after 2021 season. 

What's a "win" in Rodgers POV

A) new money guarantees B) NTC C) Opt-out after 2021 D) Showing up but looking terrible, not doing much (having Love appear better), GB looks to trade him

Edited by CriminalMind

54 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

AR seems to be the type of person that feels they need to "win" in this standoff. I don't think he simply shows up at camp and balls out and gives GB leverage to move him to whichever team after 2021 season. 

A) new money guarantees B) NTC C) Opt-out after 2021 D) Showing up but looking terrible, not doing much (having Love appear better), GB looks to trade him

I agree completely. I don’t know what a win looks like. From what I understand they offered him a new contract which I presume would give him security for next season too. The team has been very open about them wanting him back, and are extremely complimentary. 

James Jones yesterday said it isn’t the GM. 

It’s just a weird situation. In my mind sorting it out, I think he wants Love gone. He obviously didn’t like Jordy being cut, and doesn’t want GB to have any opportunity to move on from him until he’s ready. 

Either that or he’s just peeved and wants the Office to sweat and show some muscle until TC

Edited by Rainmaker90

6 hours ago, Norm said:

So we're like at the point of Schrodinger's Rodgers. 

Fun.

This is exactly it! 

Laughed my a** off.  Have seen a lot of references to the Cat lately for some reason.

"Schrodinger's Cat jokes have been beaten to death!  Or have they?"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CriminalMind said:

#3 ain't happening! There is ZERO chance they give him an opt out clause and get no return! They'd be better suited to trade him now or tell him to sit out the year or retire. 

If Jordan Love is the plan in 2022, then you also don't give him either A or B either. 

I can agree Rodgers feels he's going to need to appear to have won. That could cause this to end poorly. Which is why I'm OK with trading him now 

• Like 1

To me it will be interesting to see how a full Lambeau Field of fans would react to him if this stand off continues and then he just shows up the week of the first game, but refuses to comment to the media about it.

So he is walking on the field for game one, what reaction do you all expect from the fans in the stand?

Edited by minnypackerfan

So lemme get this straight...

The top paid player in the NFL, who DEMANDED that money, is/was mad that we didn't have the money to keep his go-to guys when their contracts were up?

I get being peeved at last year's draft, and not JUST because of trading up for Love (without notifying him no less), I won't hold that against him (you'd be PO'ed, too in his situation), but there's a reason why Brady was able to recruit and surround himself with all these coveted players that he straight-up TOLD Jason Licht to get and AR12 hasn't had that luxury.

Edited by KManX89
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

1. Rodgers was absolutely pushing for Fuller through McAfee and his other media people.

Fuller getting popped is absolutely not irrelevant. The organization knew Fuller was in the drug program and knew that a positive test was absolutely a risk. Rodgers and the fans did not. 

If Fuller had been traded for, gotten suspended and then walked for nothing, people would be after Gute's head. Rodgers doesn't get to hide here.

+++

2. Nelson made 10.5 million dollars for his 2018 season. He absolutely was not worth that money. Would he have taken the vet minimum to play for the Packers? Probably not. With the benefit of hindsight, letting Nelson walk was the right choice. That's one you give the organization credit for 

+++

3. You hit the nail on the head. Kumerow is a JAG. Guys with 30 million dollar contracts aren't allowed to get in their feelings about JAGs.

+++

4. If Jordan Love is a franchise QB, who gives a **** about Tee Higgins? Rodgers probably just pulled out of his *** the highest rated receiver drafted after our pick anyway. We didn't not win a Superbowl because of WR play anyway if we're just evaluating this thing on a 1 year window anyway.

+++

You have a WR fetish. Have forever. You want us to load up at WR. So does Rodgers. It's still wrong. 

K, now that I'm of sound mind again this morning, let's unpack some of this: 

1. If you're saying Rodgers was pushing for Fuller on McAfee, I'll take your word for it. I watched that segment pretty much every week and don't remember that, but that doesn't really matter either way. It still sounds like you're blaming Rodgers for not being clairvoyant about Fuller's PED issues. Seems like there may be an agenda there or something. Moreover, you state as fact that Gute knew about Fuller being in the drug program -- was that written somewhere? If that was the case, it would seem to me Gute would not want anything to do with Fuller whatsoever. If that's the case, why was it being reported that the Packers were actively negotiating with Houston right up to the bell to acquire him? The fact that Gute ultimately did not want to give up the 2nd rounder the Texans wanted doesn't erase the data otherwise that he was very interested in acquiring Fuller throughout the process. Moreover, if everyone knew Fuller was a big risk to get popped, you'd think Houston would be trying to move him for basically whatever they could get. 

2. We'll disagree about Nelson. I have no problem with the way the Packers let Cobb walk, Matthews and some of the other vets in those stages of their careers, but Nelson is one I'll never get, especially when our WR room at the time he left was down to Adams, Cobb, our slot guy, and 3 unknown Day 3 rookies. It's been stated several times that Nelson was basically looking for any offer from GB to stay -- you can argue that's speculation, who knows maybe that's true, but if we are operating under the assumption that it is true, it was a bad play by GB. Even more so, because this whole debate is about "involving Rodgers," it was stupid to at least not speak with him before casting Nelson aside. 

3. I've said multiple times now that I think the whole "Rodgers is crying in a corner about Kumerow" is being way overblown in the media. That being said, I also think the people defending the move vs. the people questioning it are arguing from two different positions. As to the former, I keep hearing "he's a JAG, he's a No. 6, he doesn't play ST" etc., and as I pointed out in an earlier post, Rodgers did.not.feel.that.way.about.Kumerow. Again, this discussion is about "Rodgers" so let's talk about Rodgers. He saw Kumerow as a bigger contributor. If Gute felt differently and decided to rock with St. Brown instead (who also contributes nothing to ST), then ultimately it's always his decision. However, put me in the camp that believes talking to your HOF QB about the makeup of your WR room is a smart thing to do for several reasons. 

4. I don't really care about Higgins. I mentioned it because you were going for this Rodgers strike 1, strike 2, strike 3 thing in your original post. I still think the Love pick was stupid and is part of the reason why we're here right now, but it is what it is. I hope Love becomes great just like any Packers fan should. 

"You have a WR fetish. Have forever. You want us to load up at WR. So does Rodgers. It's still wrong." Lol, I mean I know people on here like to say these things because I've pounded the table for WR help for the last few years, so that's fine but I don't really see what it has to do with our discussion. Again, we're talking about Rodgers and his perceptions and feelings about certain players and whether the Org should involve him in any of those discussions. If it makes you feel any better, I actually like our WR room as it currently stands. I've been waiting for the Packers to add a player like Amari Rodgers and I think the guy is going to be a huge addition to this team. I'm also higher on Funchess than most and I hope the Packers give him a real shot. A top 5 of Adams-MVS-Lazard-Funchess-Rodgers is fine by me and frankly, probably the best top 5 WR core Rodgers has had here in a while so he should be happy too. 

In ol Rodg's twisted mind he may indeed see it as a win, holding the team hostage since April, if he strolls in first day of camp and gets to work.  He may not any longer care to have long term security with the team, he'll play his guts out this year and then they can trade me to a team that will give him that security if they so wish may be his attitude.

Or, it's 100% about trying to force a long term deal with the Pack that will bury us with looming dead cap and debt.  The Packers above all must not let anything like that happen.  If that's the case the team needs to tell him to suit up or retire.  Unless they get that boatload deal, and then I'd move him.  If that's what it's about.

It's really as simple as that.   When Chuck Noll was asked about Franco's holdout the response to the media was, "Franco who"?   There is no Franco here".  The Packers need to move forward, not bend over and take it up the alley.

4 hours ago, Scoremore said:

WTF dude this a forum to share ideas and opinions.  If you don't want to read my posts block them.  Yes we all have an incomplete picture because Rodgers has left everyone twisting in the wind.  Just laying out a very logical and plausible explanation of what is going on.  Something most of you have not considered.  Isn't that what this forum is for?   

That's all well and good.  All I'm saying is you got dumped hard and it shows.

On 6/9/2021 at 1:31 PM, beekay414 said:

Perhaps Love disappoints but you're talking to the man who drove the Love train all last year, even before we took him. So, there, you're barking up the wrong tree. Love, getting QB1 reps, is only going to trend upwards. That's not good for Aaron.

Rodgers has never requested a trade. That's never come off his lips nor has it been the indication that he wants traded NOW. He wants security from us. He knows we're his best chance at another ring. He's not stupid. 

I still dont think Love getting all the QB1 reps this offseason does much for or against Rodgers. Looking beyond this season the amount of reps he is getting at QB1 is not the determinate on what is good/bad for Rodgers, it is what Love does with the reps. If you are saying Guty will blindly turn to Love regardless of how he looks/develops with these reps then there I would disagree. Yes, Guty picked Love, and apparently was "hot" on Love, as he was with other guys too, but that doesn't mean he will blindly turn to him without proper analysis and input from his coaching staff. I.e. if Love takes all the reps and shows no promise or development, how would that hurt Rodgers? By all accounts that doesnt appear to be the case, but with that we literally have no basis for how Love has/hasn't progressed as we saw very little from him, essentially just OTAs and TC last year. Its not always about the opportunities, but what you do with the opportunity. 

Correct Rodgers has never publicly requested a trade, we do not know what he has/hasn't requested from the FO at this point. But to say there is no indication he wants to be traded now is false, there are several rumors that he wants out of GB; the truth and extent of the truth to those rumors is in question, but those are rumors that are pieced from information of the situation, so there is at least some indication he is open to that possibility. Rodgers really is the only one that knows what he does/doesn't want from GB and the FO. He has not publicly said anything. The FO has made public comments on what they want; Rodgers has had opportunities to confirm/deny any rumor on numerous occasions, but has failed to do so. 

All this said, I agree Rodgers likely knows his best chance at a ring this season is in GB and getting traded would decrease those chances for this season. He also knows that a trade for him would likely be followed with a new contract, giving him that security and likely that team going "all-in" to get that ring, so there is a long-term scenario argument on why Rodgers would want the trade now. Again I agree with the part for this season, but its not a cut and dry scenario; there are several factors, some of which are speculation/rumors, but that is a lot of what the whole situation is right now until Rodgers publicly states otherwise. 

9 hours ago, Les Punting said:

Holding a strong opinion without all the relevant particulars in hand is:

a) super irrational

b) super-duper

c) Rodgers fault

d) as American as apple pie

For some here, all of the above for sure, lol.

Some of you guys are flying off the rails.  It’s ridiculous. 

He’s under contract for 3 years, and GB isn’t going to trade him ( he hasn’t even requested a trade !) this has been overblown beyond belief.  They’re likely going to make nice or pretend to , and we’ll get on with the season. 

And if he does want out, he’s not going to get traded this year, so what’s he gonna do? Not show and forfeit millions of dollars??

Relax people. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Some of you guys are flying off the rails.  It’s ridiculous. 

He’s under contract for 3 years, and GB isn’t going to trade him ( he hasn’t even requested a trade !) this has been overblown beyond belief.  They’re likely going to make nice or pretend to , and we’ll get on with the season. 

And if he does want out, he’s not going to get traded this year, so what’s he gonna do? Not show and forfeit millions of dollars??

Relax people. 

Likely outcome but not guaranteed. The man still, allegedly doesn't speak with his family over some unknown beef. We're talking about a guy who is incredibly stubborn. Those people do not always use logic when making decisions. 

Also, I can't imagine it not affecting his play.