Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

15 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

It happened in Detroit when Calvin Johnson retired. He asked to be traded, the team said no and he said goodbye and retired. 

Somewhat different circumstance.

Johnson was Option 1,2 and maybe 3 on every DET passing attempt - and he was getting the living **** kicked out of him as a consequence.

Plus, the team and organization stunk.

NFL rules have changed to such a degree that QBs can project playing well into their 40's.
IMO that wouldnt be the case if the rules hadnt changed and they were getting plowed regularly.

And in AR's case - the team and organization dont stink.

Edited by Leader

42 minutes ago, Leader said:

Somewhat different circumstance.

Johnson was Option 1,2 and maybe 3 on every DET passing attempt - and he was getting the living **** kicked out of him as a consequence.

Plus, the team and organization stunk.

NFL rules have changed to such a degree that QBs can project playing well into their 40's.
IMO that wouldnt be the case if the rules hadnt changed and they were getting plowed regularly.

And in AR's case - the team and organization dont stink.

All that is true, but it does not negate this is not the first time this has happened. It's just the latest. 

29 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

The pic with bak working out, and Adams and him sharing the same last dance pic gives me the feeling he's playing... I don't think he's in camp though, and I don't hate that. Let Love have it all.

What would be the point of not being in camp if he's not playing? Fines are now mandatory and the team cannot forgive them per the CBA. 

It is Aaron Rodgers so anything is possible. BTW, I'm with you on him staying away for a few weeks to get Love as many reps as possible. 

43 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

What would be the point of not being in camp if he's not playing? Fines are now mandatory and the team cannot forgive them per the CBA. 

It is Aaron Rodgers so anything is possible. BTW, I'm with you on him staying away for a few weeks to get Love as many reps as possible. 

There's ways around that....Performance bonuses, etc....

51 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

2-3 weeks of fines is not much for Rodgers to pay if that is a route he decides to go

3 hours ago, Old Guy said:

All that is true, but it does not negate this is not the first time this has happened. It's just the latest. 

Yeah, sure.....there's a list of guys that have retired early - for a bunch of different reasons.
AR doesnt have a valid reason though.

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

That requires a re-working of the contract. 

They have to fine him $50K/day for missing TC, but unless it affects the salary cap I believe they are okay by giving him bonus money....

Of course f he doesn't show up at all and retires, he may be subjected to paying back signing bonus money plus missing out on this year's salary....

27 minutes ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

They have to fine him $50K/day for missing TC, but unless it affects the salary cap I believe they are okay by giving him bonus money....

Of course f he doesn't show up at all and retires, he may be subjected to paying back signing bonus money plus missing out on this year's salary....

I don't think you can just give a guy a bonus that was not called for in his contract. The only thing Rodgers has coming to him this year is his salary. So I'm not sure how you can do that. I think the NFL was closing all of those type of loop holes to make teams enforce those fines. 

I could be wrong about that and will admit that but from what I've read those fines are sticking now. 

we´ve been looking for a new property for our family business, we put some up on the market and we pooled in savings for the last i dont know how many years, we´re looking for something in the region of all the workout bonuses Arod pissed away this summer by just not showing up.
kinda put everything in perspective for me its crazy.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ifeelasleep said:

we´ve been looking for a new property for our family business, we put some up on the market and we pooled in savings for the last i dont know how many years, we´re looking for something in the region of all the workout bonuses Arod pissed away this summer by just not showing up.
kinda put everything in perspective for me its crazy.

Yep.

People out there saying we disrespecting Rodgers and Adams pushing them out. If they wanted to play for Green Bay they can. If they took half the salary, we would be more than happy to keep them here long term and they would still earn astronomical amounts of money unimaginable to the general public.

Its a business and they are perfectly entitled to max their income but its their choice not Green Bays. 

• Like 1