Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

4 minutes ago, spilltray said:

I don't think the Packers could have eaten the cap hit pre June 1. Definitely not after resigning Aaron Jones.

The trade could have been agreed to in principle and consummated post June 1st 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

I would really like to know what (if anything) Denver was offering in trade for Rodgers leading up to the draft.

Just make sure Jeudy is included + however many 1st rd picks you can manage to pull out of the old original diva QB.  I don't see them trading Surtain unfortunately.

3 hours ago, R T said:

Finally, we know he craves attention and derives pleasure from annoying people because of what he doesn’t say. Rodgers could put all of this ambiguity about his future to rest with a few sentences. They don’t even have to be definitive sentences. “Yes, I’m playing with the Packers this year, and then we’ll take a look at my contract, and discuss the future.” That would be a totally fine thing to say. “I want to be traded, I’m not happy, and I’m not showing up.” Also, a fine thing to say, though obviously more controversial. Rodgers isn’t subject to some kind of “football player confidentiality.” He can put this to bed whenever he wants.

THIS.  All he has to do is say "I want to stay in GB" or "I want to be traded but I've been told by the FO that they will not trade me."  All this passive/aggressive behavior and trying to be coy.  Dude thinks he's so slick.

Show up or retire.  Stop fronting.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Just make sure Jeudy is included + however many 1st rd picks you can manage to pull out of the old original diva QB.  I don't see them trading Surtain unfortunately.

Why does it have to be Denver? Washington needs a QB and they have some nice, young assets we could ask for. They feel like their defense and a franchise QB could take them to the Super Bowl. I don't think they'd think twice about giving up a load to grab Rodgers over Fitzmagic. Daniel Snyder may not be in charge, but he's still in charge if you know what I mean. He's also an egotistical moron who would give up the farm for Rodgers! 

I don't care where Rodgers said he wants to go, so did Favre but he played for the Jets. Rodgers will show up and play in DC and get a boatload of additional guaranteed money where ever he goes. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Why does it have to be Denver? Washington needs a QB and they have some nice, young assets we could ask for. They feel like their defense and a franchise QB could take them to the Super Bowl. I don't think they'd think twice about giving up a load to grab Rodgers over Fitzmagic. Daniel Snyder may not be in charge, but he's still in charge if you know what I mean. He's also an egotistical moron who would give up the farm for Rodgers! 

I don't care where Rodgers said he wants to go, so did Favre but he played for the Jets. Rodgers will show up and play in DC and get a boatload of additional guaranteed money where ever he goes. 

I'm cool with that too.  I was just referring to his mention of Denver.

If Watson is cleared, Houston has to be in this conversation too.  To get a QB of his caliber in return + picks AND the chance to exile Rodgers to that forsaken franchise would be 1st ballot HOF worthy by Gute.

12 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

I'm cool with that too.  I was just referring to his mention of Denver.

If Watson is cleared, Houston has to be in this conversation too.  To get a QB of his caliber in return + picks AND the chance to exile Rodgers to that forsaken franchise would be 1st ballot HOF worthy by Gute.

I read where the Watson thing likely doesn't play out before 2022 and maybe not until 2023. His initial court date for the 20 women who are accusing him isn't until after the Super Bowl. Most do not think there is any chance Goddell allows him to play this year.

Not sure but I think it was the Commissioners Suspended or Exempt list. Something like that. 

So it is about guarantees - but not simply guarantees of his current salary structure - but huge guaranteed increases.

So, Adams and AR are enjoying a "Last Dance" are they? 

If AR would get these increases - that all but guarantees he stays and Adams goes.

It's too funny.