A-Rod's New team (if traded), what can Packers get in trade?

firstplace

1 hour ago, Joe said:

I'm starting to think a deal with Denver ACTUALLY is in place and that we're waiting for June 1st due to salary cap ramifications.

I've had this feeling for a while. It's been so quiet. It's almost like they know and are just waiting. But I'm sure that isn't actually true

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Norm said:

I've had this feeling for a while. It's been so quiet. It's almost like they know and are just waiting. But I'm sure that isn't actually true

We can at least hope it's true for another week. 

2 hours ago, Norm said:

I would not be shocked. I just find it rather odd that Rodgers has been so quiet about the whole thing. And that nobody has been able to get him to say anything on the matter.

I get that this is business at the end of the day and he does not want to show his cards but just odd overall.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Joe said:

I'm starting to think a deal with Denver ACTUALLY is in place and that we're waiting for June 1st due to salary cap ramifications.

I think @TransientTexan's point about the cap hit not mattering at all between pre/post June 1st (due to ability to roll over cap) probably eliminates this as a possibility.

I could maybe see something popping up later this summer if like a weird injury or storyline pops up or something. Otherwise there's probably a 99.9% chance Rodgers is in GB this season.

1 hour ago, fistfullofbeer said:

I would not be shocked. I just find it rather odd that Rodgers has been so quiet about the whole thing. And that nobody has been able to get him to say anything on the matter.

I get that this is business at the end of the day and he does not want to show his cards but just odd overall.

Rodgers has said all he needs to say, why say more.....also.....we don't fight...AT...weddings...200.gif

4 hours ago, Norm said:

which is why some will feel it came out of nowhere, yet it was here the entire time....

20 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I think @TransientTexan's point about the cap hit not mattering at all between pre/post June 1st (due to ability to roll over cap) probably eliminates this as a possibility.

I could maybe see something popping up later this summer if like a weird injury or storyline pops up or something. Otherwise there's probably a 99.9% chance Rodgers is in GB this season.

Just to clarify, it doesn’t matter in terms of GB’s 2022 cap space. But they are so tight against the 2021 cap, I think it does matter in terms of this year’s cap. If they trade him pre-, they will likely go from $2.5m space this year to $0.3m space, and that’s assuming they are receiving zero players in the trade that might take up space. And they still need to sign Stokes, which will probably be a $1.1m adder. 

so a pre- trade would force them to make at least 1 other cut, and could place constraints on which assets they could take back in a trade. 

• Like 1

Don't know if he'll get traded, but if he does it will be to a team not in the rumored mix and will be announced out of the blue.

BOOM!!  one of those nobody saw that coming teams and good trade haul.

Edited by NFLGURU

I think the reason AR is not saying anything is he is trying to save face also. if he comes out like Watson and demands a trade he looks like a jerk. If he just says nothing and talks about how much he loves GB he can still be viewed by some as a nice guy? 

To add to this if he says nothing he can claim in the end either way that it was outside of his control. It's all a game of leverage and power. He can come back still or leave either way not saying anything allows him to be on either side. 

Edited by PACKRULE
  • Like 1

I guess I'm in the minority and would like to see a trade with the Raiders.

Rumor is the Packers want a QB in return and that tells me Gute doesn't dare take a chance on going 5-12 with Love. I guess I like Carr more than most, and he provides pretty damn good value at $20m per for 2 years and keeps the Packers competitive. It just makes the most sense to me in connecting the dots. Drew Lock is a paperweight at this point. After that, I'm guessing Gute favors picks over players to keep the cap hits and contracts spread out as efficiently as possible. I don't think getting Carr in the deal plays into the amount of draft picks in return

A nice footnote would be that Rodgers would have a much harder time taking that team deep into the playoffs - hence the draft picks would be better, and God forbid they gift the Broncos with more trophies. Rodgers and Gruden deserve each other and that could end badly - which is fine by me.

Edited by cannondale
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, cannondale said:

Rumor is the Packers want a QB in return and that tells me Gute doesn't dare take a chance on going 5-12 with Love. I guess I like Carr more than most, and he provides pretty damn good value at $20m per for 2 years and keeps the Packers competitive. It just makes the most sense to me in connecting the dots. Drew Lock is a paperweight at this point. After that, I'm guessing Gute favors picks over players to keep the cap hits and contracts spread out as efficiently as possible. I don't think getting Carr in the deal plays into the amount of draft picks in return

A nice footnote would be that Rodgers would have a much harder time taking that team deep into the playoffs - hence the draft picks would be better, and God forbid they gift the Broncos with more trophies. Rodgers and Gruden deserve each other and that could end badly - which is fine by me.

I would throw up in my mouth if we wasted $20mil/season on Carr with Bortles and Love rostered.

3 hours ago, cannondale said:

It's too late in ARs career for it to happen (read: there wouldnt be enough time.....) but it would be more than interesting to see Gruden's reaction to one of ARs passive aggressive *******. Something tells me Gruden would pass it off once. Twice? Not happening.