2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

30 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

TE, sure. WR are pretty comparable.

Not saying Baltimore's receivers are amazing, but better than ours. Brown can easily get open and is a true deep threat. Bateman has been very solid for a rookie. Watkins has been a nice signing for them. I mean, you could argue that any of those guys would be our #1 receiver. So yeah, don't see how it's comparable.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Not saying Baltimore's receivers are amazing, but better than ours. Brown can easily get open and is a true deep threat. Bateman has been very solid for a rookie. Watkins has been a nice signing for them. I mean, you could argue that any of those guys would be our #1 receiver. So yeah, don't see how it's comparable.

Yeah, Juice plays his role kinda well, but his inability to separate has honestly always bothered me. He's good at what he's good at and I love him, but all three of the Baltimore guys would help us out immensely (unfortunately, not really trying to sing their praise, more trying to point out our WRs are scary bad). DPJ is a #4. A solid #4, but a #4.

Without thinking too hard about it.. I literally think this is the worst group of WRs the Browns have had since I've been a fan. I was born in 93, so the earliest groups I remember had Northcutt, Andre Davis, Quincy Morgan, Kevin Johnson, etc. Those guys at least had athleticism and movement skills lol.

Edited by braylon
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Don't worry; I should be here for the majority of Sunday's Baltimore game wondering what the excuses are going to be this Sunday when Baker still has the same weapons that he excelled with last year down the stretch who are now apparently completely washed 8 months later.

Don't worry; I should be here for the majority of Sunday's Baltimore game wondering what the excuses are going to be this Sunday when very-injured Baker still is asked to carry that crap offensive system that gets nobody open so he has to hold the ball so folks can say he has no excuse in such a clean pocket that still collapses on average just a fraction of a second later than other teams but still with no weapons, that he against odds excelled with last year down the stretch contrary to the system and players being around league-worst, with receiving talent who have always been completely washed and still are 8 months later.

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NudeTayne said:

Don't worry; I should be here for the majority of Sunday's Baltimore game wondering what the excuses are going to be this Sunday when very-injured Baker still is asked to carry that crap offensive system that gets nobody open

The same one from last year, huh? Yeah, the system is probably broken. The same system that took Minnesota to the NFCCG last year and the one that Cousins has put up 25 TD and 3 INT in, right? :) 

so he has to hold the ball so folks can say he has no excuse in such a clean pocket that still collapses on average just a fraction of a second later than other teams

I've posted the sources and proof that Baker has the most clean pocket time for ANY QB in the NFL over the last two years, so I don't want to hear that excuse.

but still with no weapons, that he against odds excelled with last year down the stretch contrary to the system

Hahahahahaha. Contrary to the system. Classic.

and players being any good, with receiving talent who have always been completely washed and still are 8 months later.

Just now, MWil23 said:

The same one from last year, huh? Yeah, the system is probably broken. The same system that took Minnesota to the NFCCG last year and the one that Cousins has put up 25 TD and 3 INT in, right? :) 

Stef's system is Stef's system. Everyone gets an influence from somewhere. Just because one studies under a mentor does not make him that same person. Stef's playcalling (selected from within the playbook/formations he has chosen, which is not identical to Minnesota, just similar) has not been good. It's easy to see. Minnesota is a different team with different players. It's weird that with receivers like Justin Jefferson and Adam Thielen who consistently get open that...hmm...

Just now, MWil23 said:

I've posted the sources and proof that Baker has the most clean pocket time for ANY QB in the NFL over the last two years, so I don't want to hear that excuse.

Really, by how much time are we talking on average? .2 seconds or something like that? If receivers don't get open, who cares? Baker has missed on throws this year, but guys aren't open and the scheme is not working, regardless of who is back there at QB.

Just now, MWil23 said:

Hahahahahaha.

Feel better now?

Just now, MWil23 said:

Contrary to the system. Classic.

Just watch there actually be some talent at receiver, better play calls and Baker not gimping around, which is also on Stefanski. Folks will do everything to blame Baker for what is clearly Stef. Watch Baker get healthy, go somewhere else with weapons and better coaching and go the Brees route. Stef hasn't adjusted and hasn't pulled Baker to get healthy. This is on him.

I also noticed you didn't respond to the last part...as it goes against the "but Baker has a microscopically longer time to find a receiver who isn't open" argument? 🤔

On 12/6/2021 at 12:23 PM, DaWg_LB. said:

Piggy backing of this comment (I actually brought up this point in my 2 long rants in here about 2 weeks ago LOL).

Looking at some of the "Top Young QB's"

Lamar Jackson- Rashard Bateman (1rst), Butterfingers Brown (1rst) and Sammy Watkins (#4 Overall 1rst round).

Kyler Murry- Hopkins (former 1rst rounder and best WR in NFL IMO), Aj Green (former #4 overall pick), Christian Kirk 2nd rounder, Andy Isabella 2nd rounder, Rondell Moore 2nd rounder (and if Larry Fitz's comes outta semi retirement for a SB run)

Joe Burrow- Jamar Chases (#4 overall pick), Boyd (2nd round), Higgins (Top pick of 2nd round 33rd overall)

Then we look at what Baker Mayfield is targeting Landry (2nd round), DPJ (6th round), Bradley (UDFA), Higgins (5th).........

People say Apologist.......I call it a Statement of FACTS

Question, where does the round somebody was drafted matter?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Question, where does the round somebody was drafted matter?

It show's Several things. If your talking about Individual players (Charles Rogers #2 overall pick vs Rod Smith - broncos), not as much. When were talking about in the context of the comments and debate that is taking place. I would say it shows a couple things.

1. Draft picks, are assets with a perceived value, some of it is subjective, but in General its pretty standard. So if an Organization is will to spend 3 1rsrt round picks on WR, and another spends 3 7th rounds picks on WR's, it show's an organizations willingness to invest in targets to support a passer. I believe the total approach is supplemented by adding Free Agents, but a teams long term viable construction must be made through the draft. Even as unique as the Rams approach to this is (trading away 1rst rounders like candy, but to acquire top players at key positions) they are still scheduled to make 9 draft picks based on playing the Compensatory game with players, coaches and front office people...(3rd, 4th, 5th, 3 6th and 3 7th).....

2. Shows Organization Prioritization of Pass Catching Targets/Weapons over other needs.

3. Adds a certain Caliber of player, in terms of accomplishments, ability and perceived value by other talent evaluators who get paid to find the best player available. As well as adding a certain level of Competition to the position group.

So I respect your question, but at the end of the day, if you compare Kyler Murry (I like that one because they came outta the same School, under the same coach.....if you compare the two, and QB A is throwing to a Group of Pass catchers that are (2nd, 5th, 6th, 6th UDFA) to one that is throwing to (1rst, top 5, 2nd, 2nd 2nd) that shows an Organization Prioritization and Investment strategy between how the organizations thinks its best to support their young QB....if you don't see that difference, I dont know what to tell.

• Like 1