Packers Training Camp 2021 Thread

packfanfb

32 minutes ago, Leader said:

Nelson was a TT move as well? I think that one bothered AR.

So was Woodson, Lang, Sitton, Hayward and Hyde off the top of my head. Gute didn't start until the beginning of 2018. Rodgers was so pissed off about these moves he signed an extension 2 years ago. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Far as I know, Ball's handled the cap for some time.

It was rhetorical.  But yah.  It is my opinion that Rodgers may not personally like Gute, but he really dislikes Ball.  He's the guy that is the constant here.

(not saying I agree with it, just stating how I think Rodgers feels)

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

It was rhetorical.  But yah.  It is my opinion that Rodgers may not personally like Gute, but he really dislikes Ball.  He's the guy that is the constant here.

(not saying I agree with it, just stating how I think Rodgers feels)

Understood.

I've no idea who Rodgers doesnt like and dont intend to devote any brain power towards determining it.
Definition: Waste of time.

19 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

You are right.  You don't need to be perfect in your pressers.  There's absolutely no need for tact in football.  I mean, Fook your feelings. 

NFL players are certainly big, strong Alphas whose feelings need to be tiptoed around. 

Describes most "Alphas" now that I think about it....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Understood.

I've no idea who Rodgers doesnt like and dont intend to devote any brain power towards determining it.
Definition: Waste of time.

It is odd to me.  There are soooo many posts on here that you respond to, and when you are perceived to be unknowledgeable, you deem these things as "waste of time".   

You spend plenty of brain power figuring out other things.  But when presented something that you hadn't really considered, you run away.  But a few pages later, you will be right back at it.

It is just odd to me.  But this is the internet.  To each their own.

Joe hates Turner.  I hate Redmond.  @Norm's mom is hot.  CWood's mom's basement is comfortable.  @Outpost31 is the hero we don't deserve.  @incognito_man is the men to our sa.  And for some reason, this forum still has a Devito fetish.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

It is odd to me.  There are soooo many posts on here that you respond to, and when you are perceived to be unknowledgeable, you deem these things as "waste of time".

? Overthought.

I said:
A) I understand your "I'm not saying I agree with it..." comment.
B) I have no clue about who AR likes - and - trying to figure it out is a waste of time.

Didnt seem overly complicated when I typed it, but I guess not.

12 minutes ago, Leader said:

? Overthought.

I said:
A) I understand your "I'm not saying I agree with it..." comment.
B) I have no clue about who AR likes - and - trying to figure it out is a waste of time.

Didnt seem overly complicated when I typed it, but I guess not.

You, me, everyone has spent an insane amount of time on this forum trying to figure Aaron out.  As well as this whole ordeal.  

It is a waste of time.  But I think the issue is with Ball more than Gute.  Gute gets control of Ball, or Murphy takes control of Ball and I think this gets better.

I mean, I'd love to have heard the conversation with Ball concerning Cobb.  

Gute:  " We are going to need you to trade for Randall Cobb."

Ball:  (Looks up from his newspaper, takes off his reading glasses) "No."  Puts glasses back on and goes back to reading his paper.

(Gute runs to Murphy's office, tells him what happened.)

Murphy enters the room:  "Russ, you need to make Cobb happen."

Ball: (Doesn't even look up) "I'll make the call."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

IMO Woodson and Hayward were mistakes because they went on and played well for their next teams.

Hayward did become a Pro Bowl (All Pro?) but he was constantly injured in GB. Sometimes you miss on things like that, so I don't really hold it against the front office. 

59 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Good question.  I think we agree (along with most Packers fans) that TT hung on way too long as GM.  🙁

I wouldn't say "WAY" too long....probably a couple yrs past his sell-by date for sure though. 

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

You, me, everyone has spent an insane amount of time on this forum trying to figure Aaron out.  As well as this whole ordeal.  

It is a waste of time.  But I think the issue is with Ball more than Gute.  Gute gets control of Ball, or Murphy takes control of Ball and I think this gets better.

I mean, I'd love to have heard the conversation with Ball concerning Cobb.  

Gute:  " We are going to need you to trade for Randall Cobb."

Ball:  (Looks up from his newspaper, takes off his reading glasses) "No."  Puts glasses back on and goes back to reading his paper.

(Gute runs to Murphy's office, tells him what happened.)

Murphy enters the room:  "Russ, you need to make Cobb happen."

Ball: (Doesn't even look up) "I'll make the call."

Why do you think Ball is the issue here? Ball is just the cap/finance guy. 

The issue here is Rodgers misses his besties from 2012 and can't separate business from personal friendships. 

• Like 1

My goodness. Dude. All I said is I dont know who he likes - and guess what - I'll never know (regardless of how much I try to figure it out).

Yikes.

I've not been trying to "figure Aaron out" in so much as putting reports into the football context of him, the Packers and the future. 

If I was interested in who he likes, I've have devoted brain power to his girlfriends comments  - which I didnt - because guess why? I dont know who he likes!