QB Deshaun Watson reports to Texans camp

RaidersAreOne

21 minutes ago, August4th said:

I wonder if Watson would already be on new team if his off the field issues didn't happen

9/10 times, yes. 

1/10 times, a deal is being worked out with the contract and schematics being the only thing holding back an announcement. 

At the beginning of the year, at least 21 of the 31 other teams should have at least discussed the possibility of some kind of trade for him (I left out KC, LAC, LAR, TB, DAL, CIN, BAL, CLE, BUF) 

• Like 1

Its down to whether a team is comfortable and willing to give up that much capital with Watson's case still going through the legal process and the league currently not confirming his playing status for next season.

A lot of GM's doing a lot or research right now.

1 hour ago, PFM18 said:

Its down to whether a team is comfortable and willing to give up that much capital with Watson's case still going through the legal process and the league currently not confirming his playing status for next season.

A lot of GM's doing a lot or research right now.

I sincerely think that these GMs and the league know something we don't on the pending cases - settlements incoming, no criminal charges to be filed, etc.

League will punish him, but I don't think it'll be some insurmountable suspension - 5 games over the 85+ games he's under contract? That's nothing given the upside of a top 5 QB over the next five seasons.

That's what I'm thinking, given how this has recently turned. Somebody knows that a lot of the legal issues are about to go away, that's why several things have been happening lately.