49ers release QB Josh Rosen; signed with Falcons

biggie.

5 minutes ago, biggie. said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32040810/san-francisco-49ers-waive-qb-josh-rosen-struggles-training-camp

Don't know why they wasted a roster spot on him last season. He is one of the worst players in NFL history.

I think that's going a little far. 

I really think the guy had potential, but entered a bad situation and just never could put it together. 

• Like 8

On 8/17/2021 at 5:44 PM, D82 said:

I think that's going a little far. 

I really think the guy had potential, but entered a bad situation and just never could put it together. 

He never had potential. Arrogant entitled spoiled punk that doesn't really care about football.

Cardinals and Dolphins all looked like complete trash with him under center and instantly got better without him. The difference between him and Fitzpatrick was night and day.

Edited by biggie.
  • Like 4

28 minutes ago, biggie. said:

He never had potential. Arrogant punk that doesn't really care about football.

Cardinals and Dolphins all looked like trash with him under center and instantly got better without him.

The teams got substantially better and with new coaching situations far from lame duck sort of setups. But okay go off.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

The teams got substantially better and with new coaching situations far from lame duck sort of setups. But okay go off.

Ryan Fitzpatrick looked SUBSTATIANLLY better with the same team and coach on Miami. Even Kyle Shanahan couldn't find a way for Rosen to not suck.

57 minutes ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

Just chiming in too say that not only you're right...but I adore your avatar and catch phrase. Rock on! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, biggie. said:

He never had potential. Arrogant punk that doesn't really care about football.

Cardinals and Dolphins all looked like trash with him under center and instantly got better without him.

He must've stole your girlfriend or something lol.

Arizona and Miami were both dumpster fires with coaching staffs who weren't committed to him. 

He's not a Shanahan type QB, so he never had a real future in SF. 

Not saying he's a future star, but we've seen waaaay worse from guys in far better situations.

• Like 6

I don't think he cares about football that much tbh. It just always seemed like it was a "well I'll try it out and if that doesn't work I'll move on to something better".

I had high hopes for Rosen but at this point, he's probably not going to get any more chances.

2 hours ago, biggie. said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32040810/san-francisco-49ers-waive-qb-josh-rosen-struggles-training-camp

Don't know why they wasted a roster spot on him last season. He is one of the worst players in NFL history.

Because we  had only one QB and you had the covid protocols. Had to be someone on a practice squad to bring in who could be active

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Dalan162 said:

Back on draft day, this guy could have been picked by Cleveland instead of Mayfield and no one would have said a word… 

He’s the biggest QB bust over the last 4-6 years

More than half the Bills fan base, myself included, screamed that they picked the wrong Josh that night. Pretty sure NFL Gen was full of "LOL Bills" and things like that. Crazy how wrong a lot of people were on Rosen. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

More than half the Bills fan base, myself included, screamed that they picked the wrong Josh that night. Pretty sure NFL Gen was full of "LOL Bills" and things like that. Crazy how wrong a lot of people were on Rosen. 

Admittedly, I favored Rosen as well.   Not that Allen was a great prospect, but I thought he would be better than Allen.

Im usually decent judging early round QBs, but I blew it there.

Got to give some credit to @Da_Ducktator had a good write up on him in this older thread, I agreed with a lot of what he said but my main beef with him was not so much Xs and Os but was more his mental approach to the game and overall persona or vibe he gave off.  Thought he would be awful in an NFL locker room and would not be able to relate to and or lead NFL players, specifically when compared to Josh Allen I liked Allen's upbringing much more and his overall persona and general playing style.  So far yeah Rosen is crap but not totally surprised by it, I thought he would fail but is a bit surprising how quickly he has failed.

• Like 1