49ers release QB Josh Rosen; signed with Falcons

biggie.

5 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Got to give some credit to @Da_Ducktator had a good write up on him in this older thread

what a writeup, thanks for linking that. Its not the attitude for rosen, similar attitude to Rodgers, it can work if youre talented and driven/smart. League likes vanilla players but it doesnt matter if youre winning. Rosens post draft interview gets harder to watch every year.

Don’t understand why people are automatically attributing his failure in the NFL to just him not caring lol. Could it just be, just like many QBs busts over the years, just wasnt as good/talented as he was made out to be? It’s like confirmation bias central here.

6 hours ago, Ozzy said:

So far yeah Rosen is crap but not totally surprised by it, I thought he would fail but is a bit surprising how quickly he has failed.

Well he got all-expense paid trips to Phoenix, Miami and San Francisco in only 3 years. That's pretty cool. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Don’t understand why people are automatically attributing his failure in the NFL to just him not caring lol. Could it just be, just like many QBs busts over the years, just wasnt as good/talented as he was made out to be? It’s like confirmation bias central here.

Sure he maybe cared a bit but clearly was not all that driven because in his mind he did not need football so ultimately it ended up as football does not need him either.  Rosen before he was picked made that not going to be working at McDonald's comment, and yeah right that is not a deep underlying attitude he held and probably still holds.  Where other guys are fighting to keep this job Rosen is just like if it works out great if not I can do something else, thus he does not care all that much about being successful or is ignorant to his own behavior.  

It will be curious if yet another team gives him a chance or not.  Either way the last few stops he was just around the building trying to develop and did such a poor job at it and did not impress people so much they let him go when they had to pay him little to nothing.  Then you have guys like Matt Moore who stuck around a long time as a backup QB and is now a scout for the Miami Dolphins because certain coaches liked having him around and liked how he prepared and the work he did and thus give him a job as a scout.  Or Chad Henne who was drafted in 2008, has never done much of anything in the NFL but is still around as a backup because teams clearly like him in that role and like him in the building.  Says a lot when teams cut Rosen because obviously they did not like having him around and thought he did not bring anything good to the organization on three separate occasions.  

4 hours ago, pscottdai said:

Not 100% certain (because I am old and part senile) but pretty sure we have one "fan" quit the Browns fan base (and forum) because we draft Mayfield instead of him

I remember someone (I think it was a Patriots fan) lambasting the Bills for selecting Josh Allen over Josh Rosen... I mean just went OFF on Buffalo for the pick.

Life comes at you fast, I guess.

• Like 1

Not going to lie, I was sold when I watched that Texas A&M game (which was amazing). Come to find out it was just his day in the sun and he is pretty much a duche.....

Also, on top of that, being in Shanahan's offense could have been his saving grace where the scheme could have made him into at least a serviceable QB. Career over

Edited by MSURacerDT55

8 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Bingo! He just processes things so slow and makes a lot of mistakes. He could care about football more than anyone else but that doesn't mean he automatically becomes good. For all purposes, he was working after practice and putting in the extra work, he just wasn't good. It happens, some players peak early on and Rosen is one of them and never was fully able to develop in areas necessary at the NFL level.