49ers release QB Josh Rosen; signed with Falcons

biggie.

On 8/19/2021 at 9:30 AM, ReggieCamp said:

Hey, get it right! It was Darnold and Bradley Chubb. Don't remember anyone clamoring for Barkley.

Anyway, add me to the list of people who were wrong about Rosen. Yeah, he was dealt a crappy hand, but I'm not sure he would've really thrived in any situation at this point.

Plenty of people were clamoring about Barkley at 1 and whichever QB made it to 4.

On 8/17/2021 at 3:44 PM, D82 said:

I think that's going a little far. 

I really think the guy had potential, but entered a bad situation and just never could put it together. 

So tired of this line. Rosen was super slow already coming into the NFL. Said time and time again he was gonna bust. The guy is an extremely slow processor. Extremely. Just does not click fast enough on the field, never has. 

On 8/17/2021 at 9:39 PM, Trentwannabe said:

More than half the Bills fan base, myself included, screamed that they picked the wrong Josh that night. Pretty sure NFL Gen was full of "LOL Bills" and things like that. Crazy how wrong a lot of people were on Rosen. 

QB's just dont get more accurate in the NFL.  Josh Allen did that.  No one saw that happening. 

55 minutes ago, SweetFancyMoses said:

QB's just dont get more accurate in the NFL.  Josh Allen did that.  No one saw that happening. 

I get what you’re saying but like I said back then, I think his accuracy issues were over blown. 

He’s not Drew Brees or anything but he was never as bad as his number suggested at Wyoming. They threw the ball down field A LOT and he isn’t one to check down. He’s been able to fix some mechanical issues while working with Jordan Palmer. I always thought his ball placement (limiting YAC) was going to be the bigger issue then just flat out missing guys.

Rosen's road show, touring America like John Madden's bus. Phoenix, Miami, Tampa, San Francisco, Atlanta. 

Think of all the fridge magnets. 

He HAS to be getting a little bit better after working with so many coaches and veteran QB's along the way.