Vic Fangio names Teddy Bridgewater week 1 starter

TheRealMcCoy

I never thought Lock was going to be the starter....Broncos have a top level defense and will have a good run game...Fangio is looking for someone that will manage the game and play it safe. Lock obviously had higher upside for the offense but he also had the ability to lose games with his decision making...It is boring but something an older defensive coach will almost always prefer. 

• Like 8

As a Broncos fan, I'm disappointed. Teddy isn't going to be a long term difference maker. Worst thing is to be a middling team for years on the verge of playoffs or a perennial one and done team. The competition was close enough that I wish we would have gone with the higher potential player and see if it worked out. If not, then we relatively bottom out and take a shot at a new QB next year. Also makes the decision not to take a QB this past draft even more questionable imo. That said, there is so much talent on this team and will root for whoever is behind center, so Go Teddy!

Edited by grizmo78

6 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Lock sucks, so I was hoping we'd see him week 1. Less happy that we will be seeing Bridgewater week 1.

I’m kind of the opposite. I’m more confident playing Bridgewater in week 4 than I would have been playing Lock. Feels like Lock can give you a few 300+ 3 TD games every year if he’s in a groove. Not sure you have to worry about that playing against Teddy.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

I’m kind of the opposite. I’m more confident playing Bridgewater in week 4 than I would have been playing Lock. Feels like Lock can give you a few 300+ 3 TD games every year if he’s in a groove. Not sure you have to worry about that playing against Teddy.

Teddy isn't going to make the mistakes Lock makes. Lock would have thrown 3 picks against the Giants with the talent they have on the backend and the crazy disguises Patrick Graham loves to utilize.

• Like 2