Week 5: Packers WIN @ Improved Bengals; Improve to 4-1

FAH1223

31 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Packers have done extremely well the last 3 games considering their injury situation.  The "fill ins" have been doing a better than expected job gaining valuable playing time.  That being said, this team can't take any more injuries .. time to heal up and carry on.  The next man up montra can only go so long without ramifications.     

Should get Jenkins back this week. Jaire should be back the week after this. Then MVS returns in week 7. I expect BAK back week 8 on that Thursday night game. Z..... who knows that one is a mystery at this point still. 

It will be interesting to see if Jenkins goes back to LT or LG to try and work on the continuity inside before Bak returns. Nijman has acquitted himself pretty well at LT but then again so has Runyan at LG. 

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Should get Jenkins back this week. Jaire should be back the week after this. Then MVS returns in week 7. I expect BAK back week 8 on that Thursday night game. Z..... who knows that one is a mystery at this point still. 

It will be interesting to see if Jenkins goes back to LT or LG to try and work on the continuity inside before Bak returns. Nijman has acquitted himself pretty well at LT but then again so has Runyan at LG. 

It just depends if you think that Nijman-Jenkins or Jenkins-Runyan is a better overall combo on the left side.  Tough decision, IMO.  I like getting Nijman some reps, in case he is needed later in the year, and I think he has played as well as anyone would wish for from a third LT.  I also think that since he isn't Bakhtiari, Rodgers has stayed more on schedule, which helps.  On the other hand, I hate to take those same reps away from Runyan, who has also played well, and is also still developing, even though I think that Jenkins' best fit is that LG position.

On 10/3/2021 at 7:23 PM, incognito_man said:

CIN has 3pt wins over MIN and JAX, lost to CHI an beat PIT by 14.

They've had a mini-bye and are at home. Could be a trap game if we aren't focused and getting cocky again. If they stay focused, however, we should win this one.

Trap game? More like a toss up with a slight edge to the Packers maybe.

We gotta get pressure on Burrow in this one. I'm not too concerned about their defense as much improved as the team itself is. They're just not ready to take that next step, if this were 2022 I'd be a bit on edge. Mixon is a good back, but he can be bottled up pretty easily and I don't think that OL is really that good. They'll score on us, but if we control the clock we win.

Packers 24
Bengals 16

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cannondale said:

It's starting to be more like how much more "next man up" can they overcome. If Jaire sits, 1-1 the next two games would be a win. 

Agree.  GB pretty much has six blue-chip players - four of the six are out (if JA sits).  Jenkins should return soon and hopefully JA’s injury isn’t too debilitating.  It’s one thing to lose JAGs, but losing several of your best is definitely taxing.

11 minutes ago, Jaire_Island said:

My gut feeling is we loose this game.

we dont have corners to cover their receivers.

only path to win A++ game plan and game from Aaron Rodgers and Matt Lafluer. 

I agree, I think we'll play very loose this game and win going away. I don't think Cincinnati is very good so we should not be tight at all going into this one. I disagree on the corners to cover their receivers though. I think without Jaire it's a tougher task, but Stokes is going to step up and limit Chase and the rest are OK match ups for us. Plus, sounds like Mixon is out for them as well. 

It's just so tough to say.

On the one hand, Cincy's wins are against a combined 2-10 group of opponents.  And if Jax hadn't blown a red zone opportunity there right before the half, they might have actually won the game.

But still, getting wins period is what matters most, and thus far Cincy has shown they are improving and becoming a tough out.  Gotta give credit where due.

We will be the first major test for them with our offense, but our depth in the secondary is also going to get tested.  Our offense is going to need to not blow red zone trips and make sure we win the turnover battle.