What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

11 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

I gave it one or two episodes, and HATED it. I was bristling over how annoying the characters were. I like odd comedy and even like the cast, but somehow, each one of them in this was painfully irritating . 

Just my 2 cents; to each his own, for all I care. :P 

Oh, I could definitely see that hahah.

• Like 1

Just finished The Wire and it was awesome. Now trying to find something new...What’s everyone’s thoughts on the show “Luther”? Watched the first few episodes and it wasn’t really anything I got Into, does it pick up?

Brother has suggested a show called “Patriot” on Prime....So those are the two shows I’m considering right now. 

Edited by holt_bruce81

On 5/23/2019 at 3:32 PM, Forge said:

Maybe not

Well, for WC fans, sadly enough, at least for ABC's sake, it's done.

https://deadline.com/2019/05/whiskey-cavalier-fully-and-finally-canceled-after-review-abc-1202622164/

The only flip side is for Walking Dead fans, a good chance Laurie Cohen returns as Maggie.    That series looked dead after a very meh S7-S8, but with their cast turnover away from the Grimes family, actually has enjoyed a resurgence.  Having Maggie come back offers them more flexibility in their storytelling, have to believe Cohen won't turn that down if WC doesn't find a new network.

I'm kinda sad Chernobyl is ending, but it kinda has to. That's the issue with these type of shows, you're going to get to the end quickly.

It's so great though. I don't think any sort of short show like this has captured me as much as this show.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

I'm kinda sad Chernobyl is ending, but it kinda has to. That's the issue with these type of shows, you're going to get to the end quickly.

It's so great though. I don't think any sort of short show like this has captured me as much as this show.

Pathos.

On 5/24/2019 at 11:43 PM, holt_bruce81 said:

Luther”? Watched the first few episodes and it wasn’t really anything I got Into, does it pick up?

Isn't it only a few episodes? Like the whole thing. I remember I really liked it but haven't watched it in years.

12 hours ago, ET80 said:

I'm kinda sad Chernobyl is ending, but it kinda has to. That's the issue with these type of shows, you're going to get to the end quickly. It's so great though. I don't think any sort of short show like this has captured me as much as this show.

Interesting.....

You do a Google Maps search on the reactor site - go to Satellite View - and it will only let you zoom in so close - which seems much further away than if I was (sayyyyy......) looking at my house which will allow me to get right down on to the street level. 

Cant say its a precaution to keep the viewer from being exposed to higher levels of radiation.....but I'd limit your viewing time :)

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Interesting.....

You do a Google Maps search on the reactor site - go to Satellite View - and it will only let you zoom in so close - which seems much further away than if I was (sayyyyy......) looking at my house which will allow me to get right down on to the street level. 

Cant say its a precaution to keep the viewer from being exposed to higher levels of radiation.....but I'd limit your viewing time :)

I'd actually think it's Google playing it smart and not getting their equipment fried. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'd actually think it's Google playing it smart and not getting their equipment fried. 

Oh true dat but I was actually making a joke of sorts.....and not expecting Google to designate some poor soul to drive their camera car around the reactor for my "steet-side" viewing pleasure.

In fact.....as a test I did a similar search on the Kremlin.....which, last I heard wasnt radioactive. Similar situation. 
Dont think the Russians want Google Maps sniffing around LOL

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Oh true dat but I was actually making a joke of sorts.....and not expecting Google to designate some poor soul to drive their camera car around the reactor for my "steet-side" viewing pleasure.

In fact.....as a test I did a similar search on the Kremlin.....which, last I heard wasnt radioactive. Similar situation. 
Dont think the Russians want Google Maps sniffing around LOL

Part of me is really crazy in wanting to go to Prypiat. I know they hold tours out there, they have heavy restrictions on areas - I actually want to go, obvious health risks and all.

• Like 1