What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

10 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I'm finally finishing up Scrubs for the first time. I'm halfway through season 9, Med School.

Season 9 just isn't very good so it's taking me a while to finish. But the first 8 seasons, while not perfect, I really enjoyed.

One of the best series finales in TV history..... until they did season 9.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I'm finally finishing up Scrubs for the first time. I'm halfway through season 9, Med School.

Season 9 just isn't very good so it's taking me a while to finish. But the first 8 seasons, while not perfect, I really enjoyed.

Scrubs is probably my most rewatched show

p19465528_b_h8_aa.jpg?w=960&h=540

this series is really good so far.  A superhuman period piece is a fascinating concept and there are some excellent character dynamics.   Episode 3 has this incredible fight sequence I’ve never seen onscreen before too. 

We've been watching Atypical. That show is the bomb. Obviously it's one of those sappy dramedies but this one is really well-done and the characters are fleshed out and believable for the most part. Very organic feeling. Obviously a little preachy but it really should be. 

The last Netflix dramedies I liked as much were OITNB, Glow, and Love. Those are always fun to watch with the wife, usually well-written and a good mix of what we both like. 

• Like 2

I haven't been up on all these non-Marvel superhero shows.  The Boys was ok, not interested in Jupiter's Legacy, Preacher had some good moments and a lot of meh moments.

But holy crap, Invincible.  That last episode really carried it.

1 hour ago, D82 said:

Been watching Mare of Easttown since it debuted. Really good show so far.

Between this and The Nevers, HBO is killing it right now.  Mare could very easily have been s4 of True Detective.  It has a very similar tone esp to s3 of TD.

On 4/26/2021 at 9:46 AM, The Gnat said:

4 episodes into Shadow and Bone, very enjoyable. I like the industrial revolution/magic sort of vibe that you get from it.

and Log Horizon, good background anime while working.

Finished shadow and bone today. Enjoyed it enough to buy the books 

20 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Watching the Harley Quinn show that's on HBO Max, it's fairly average so far.  Favorite characters have probably been King Shark and Bane.

Yeah, not entirely sure i'll watch season 2, there are no stakes, no real reasoning for most of it, and pretty basic storytelling.  I probably will, even if it's just something on while I work, but i'm not expecting much

On 5/7/2021 at 10:42 PM, kingseanjohn said:

I've been slowly re-watching it since last year when Zach and Donald started a podcast. It holds up really well IMO. 

I don't think it's possible for shows that have that long of a run to be perfect but I think Scrubs has plenty of perfect episodes.