What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

On 2/20/2021 at 11:37 PM, ET80 said:

Warrior on HBO MAX:

warrior-default-1168429.jpeg

This is the best show you haven't watched yet. If you took Django Unchained, Gangs of New York and Enter the Dragon and turned the end result into 20 episodes, you'd have Warrior.

Based on short stories written by Bruce Lee, it's loosely based on the Tong Wars in San Francisco back in the 1880s - Tongs are Chinese immigrant gangs that run the black market trades, opium dens, brothels, etc. Two Tongs are deadlocked for influence in Chinatown, and both sides are waging war with plenty of collateral damage to account for. Law enforcement, government, industrial corporations, Irish settlers and neutral observers are all sucked into this war of attrition... Where seemingly everyone loses something crucial to their survival.

Several of the set-pieces are based on real people and events - the San Francisco Chinatown riots was a real event, where Irish settlers raided Chinatown and destroyed property and businesses for three days. The Chinese Exclusion act was actually passed by government once the Tong Wars escalated to bloody conflict. Characters such as Ah Toy and Dylan Leary are based on people in history (not sure if their actions line up with history, but... We're not aiming for a completely realistic retelling).

The cast is amazing - Andrew Koji is incredible as the Ah Sahm, the protagonist. He embodies Bruce Lee in an uncanny way; his mannerisms, bravado and technique are signature Bruce Lee, it's like watching Lee at the top of his game...

...which brings me to the fight choreography. Holy hell, this is the best fight choreography I've ever seen on a TV show, something you would expect from a big budget Marvel movie. Even the non-Kung Fu fights come off as incredibly authentic and violent, it's visually stunning.

It's a shame they only got two seasons done before the pandemic and Cinemax stopping all original content; This show was really hitting some high notes going into S3, I'm hoping that the move to HBO Max will give this show a rebirth as a streaming-only item on HBO Max. Warrior and The Flight Attendant would give HBO Max a 1-2 punch that compares with any sort of Netflix/Hulu/Amazon Prime/Disney+ exclusive.

TL;DR - If you have HBO Max and you're not watching Warrior, you're wasting money.

https://www.gq.com/story/warrior-season-3-justin-lin-hbo-max-interview/amp

YES! YES! **** YES!!!!!!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!! YEEEEEEEAAAAAH!!!

SEASON THREE!!!!!!! SEASON THREE!!!!!! WE'RE GETTING SEASON THREE!!!!!!!

200.gif

200.gif

GIF by Cinemax

200.gif

200.gif

Have finished a few show in the last couple of weeks.

Dark had a pretty good ending and I loved the first 2 seasons but I thought it started to go off the rails a bit so I’m glad their reigned it in and it had a satisfying ending. 

Season 3 of Westworld was pretty good. I don’t think it ever reached the highs of Season 1 but overall, a good series. Don’t know if they can make a Season 4 but the story has already changed so much.

9 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Dark had a pretty good ending and I loved the first 2 seasons but I thought it started to go off the rails a bit so I’m glad their reigned it in and it had a satisfying ending. 

Season 3 of Westworld was pretty good. I don’t think it ever reached the highs of Season 1 but overall, a good series. Don’t know if they can make a Season 4 but the story has already changed so much.

My problem with Westworld is the subsequent seasons just felt like a totally different show. The first season was Western with a little sci fi thrown in. Season two was 50/50. Season 3 was just full on sci fi. I lost interest about halfway through season 3.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

My problem with Westworld is the subsequent seasons just felt like a totally different show. The first season was Western with a little sci fi thrown in. Season two was 50/50. Season 3 was just full on sci fi. I lost interest about halfway through season 3.

I would have preferred it go the anthology route. Same hosts, different parks. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

I am in the middle of Season 2 right now where they are explaining a lot. It's sooooooo GD hard to keep track of who is who sometimes. They do an okay job of going scene to scene with characters to help, but man. 

• Like 1

Just watched episode 1 of Invincible on Amazon Prime

Spoiler

Holy ****!  I did not expect that ending.  I assume it goes back to Omniman's homeworld and in the end controlling the worlds they "help" but that's a 1 episode long con guess.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Just watched episode 1 of Invincible on Amazon Prime

Reveal hidden contents

Holy ****!  I did not expect that ending.  I assume it goes back to Omniman's homeworld and in the end controlling the worlds they "help" but that's a 1 episode long con guess.

The voice cast for this show is flippin insane.  Apparently, this is what the majority of Hollywood was doing during lockdown.