Week 8: Packers @ Cardinals on Thursday Night Football - Packers Win 24-21! Move to 7-1!

FAH1223

14 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

If ARod leads us to a W over the 7-0 Cards without Tae, just give him the bag for another 4 years and end the debate.

but would that really prove hes hungry enough, wouldnt he still be a premadonna? ;)

After all, personality is apparently the most important aspect of being a good quarterback.

Edited by HeresAGuy

7 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

One thing is clear, GB is playing with house money in this matchup

which is why i'll be so irritated when we come out completely flat, lose a starter to injury, learn nothing about either team and everyone is pissed.

Edited by incognito_man

8 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Well, they gave the Cards a game in 2015 when they were similarly beat up going in and only got even more injured during that game so you never know. One thing is clear, GB is playing with house money in this matchup.

If MVS actually plays, I'll have hope. Really would like to see Amari involved in a few more plays as well. 

Biggest problem is that in the past when 17 was out, we knew it and had a full week to game plan without him. This time, we have to scrap the game plan and draw up a new one in 2 days. 

Edited by packfanfb
  • Like 1

-The defense needs to take a couple more steps forward. I think Murray can be rattled; he's still a young quarterback, and I think inclined to get flustered.

-Maybe the special teams can build on the blocked field goal and make another big impact play or two.

-If Davante can't play the other pass catchers-Cobb, Aaron Jones, Dillon, Tonyan, and somebod(ies) else will need to pick it.

-Commit to running the ball, and ball security AJ and AJ.

-I think the Cardinals are a very beatable team, and I believe the Packers are equal to the task if they play a stellar game with the players available.

-I don't understand the attitude that the Packers don't have a chance.

Edited by JQ1

1 minute ago, JQ1 said:

-I don't understand the attitude that the Packers don't have a chance

sending a team across 2 timezones for a Thursday game is patently unfair. The league rarely does it. It's a huge disadvantage. 

We're missing 4 of our top 6 players and our defensive coordinator, with more guys likely to test positive before Thursday

The Cardinals are really, really good and significantly better than the team we're playing with right now

Any one of those things is likely a 3 point advantage for Arizona (or more, depending on Covid). Altogether, it's like a 10 point advantage for Arizona.

We need virtually everything to go our way in-game, and betting on luck rarely works out

11 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

sending a team across 2 timezones for a Thursday game is patently unfair. The league rarely does it. It's a huge disadvantage. 

We're missing 4 of our top 6 players and our defensive coordinator, with more guys likely to test positive before Thursday

The Cardinals are really, really good and significantly better than the team we're playing with right now

Any one of those things is likely a 3 point advantage for Arizona (or more, depending on Covid). Altogether, it's like a 10 point advantage for Arizona.

We need virtually everything to go our way in-game, and betting on luck rarely works out

Are you saying you believe the Packers have "virtually" no chance to win this game?

20 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

If MVS actually plays, I'll have hope. Really would like to see Amari involved in a few more plays as well. 

Biggest problem is that in the past when 17 was out, we knew it and had a full week to game plan without him. This time, we have to scrap the game plan and draw up a new one in 2 days. 

17 will always be a huge part of the game plan but I feel like we would shade toward a heavier personnel this week and try to control the ball and clock on the ground even if he were playing.   Get some 12 and 22 groups in there with EQ and Lazard getting physical on the edges. Of course we still can play action pass to anyone but this would be a great game to just say we’re going to commit to the run and let the chips fall where they may. 

• Like 1

Before this covid designation I gave the Packers a 50/50 shot at a win vs Arizona.  They still have a chance but it'll take some breaks and fantastic overall play to come out with a win.  That being said, a loss and sitting at 6-2 is still one hell of a record with the unreal amount of injuries/covid issues they've endured.  Come out of this game without injuries, play them tough and let the chips fall as they may.  Get healthy, get starters back and finish strong!