Rodgers positive for COVID - will miss game vs Chiefs

notthatbluestuff

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Okay - follow up question then. The media regularly portrays covid as a "your gonna die" scenario, but we have gotten used to the idea of players only missing a 1 week and then being perfectly fine. So lets say Rodgers gets a bad (delta) version of it and is layed up a while. How many great games would it take from Love before Rodgers gets "Romo'd"?

I think you play out the season with Rodgers and know what you have in Love and you sell Rodgers for as many picks as possible. Roll with Love for the remainder of his deal but realistically Love isnt the dude or there would have been more chatter about the guy in camp and the packers front office would have moved rodgers. 

Okay - follow up question then. The media regularly portrays covid as a "your gonna die" scenario, but we have gotten used to the idea of players only missing a 1 week and then being perfectly fine. So lets say Rodgers gets a bad (delta) version of it and is layed up a while. How many great games would it take from Love before Rodgers gets "Romo'd"?

If he has a bad case maybe 6 weeks assuming the worse does not occur. If Jordan Love is outstanding during that time period I think it would be hard pressed putting Rodgers back in place but all it would take is one stinker in that 6 weeks to want Rodgers back. I think for Rodgers to be benched long term it would have to be a scenario straight out of every Vikings fans worse nightmare. Its just not very plausible. 

• Like 1

Just now, MikeT14 said:

It's more this tweet: 

It's interesting how Kirk Cousins, who is also  not vaccinated, had to go through a firestorm of controversy for his decision.  Meanwhile, Rodgers is being hidden away by his team and he doesn't have to answer for anything. 

4 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

I think you play out the season with Rodgers and know what you have in Love and you sell Rodgers for as many picks as possible. Roll with Love for the remainder of his deal but realistically Love isnt the dude or there would have been more chatter about the guy in camp and the packers front office would have moved rodgers. 

Im literally asking how many great games for Love. So in this scenario, you are saying that even if Love plays out of his mind, top 5 QB level, for the next 8 weeks, you still go back to rodgers for game 17?

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Tough question, good thing i'm not the guy in charge. That could definitely happen though, as you've pointed out. I think you just go with the hot hand i guess, if Love is playing really well late into the season, there's not really a reason to take him out unless they see that 27 mil cap hit just sitting on the bench being unproductive.

• Like 1

Im literally asking how many great games for Love. So in this scenario, you are saying that even if Love plays out of his mind, top 5 QB level, for the next 8 weeks, you still go back to rodgers for game 17?

I think it would have to be 5 or 6 games a row with top 10 style QB play to even consider it. 

1 minute ago, Spartacus said:

I think it would have to be 5 or 6 games a row with top 10 style QB play to even consider it. 

That sounds reasonable. I think after about ~3 games the questions would get intense, but around 5-6 your hand is forced where you have to make the choice of sticking with the old guy or riding with the new one.