When was the last time the NFL MVP race was this wide open?

CP3MVP

81 was Ken Anderson who lost to Joe Montana in the Super Bowl pretty much on a 49ers goal line stand (it was earlier in the game but the 7 could have made the difference)

68 was Morrall on the Colts who went 13-1 and lost the Super Bowl to Matt Snell and the Jets.

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

closest one

Barry Sanders got it for the 9-7 1997 lions

and thats Barry "During the final 14 games of the 1997 season, Sanders rushed for exactly 2,000 yards on 310 carries (6.5 yd./carry)" Sanders

So yeah. Kirk doesnt and shouldnt have much chance

Unless the Vikings go 5-2 the rest of the way and he keeps playing like this.

Edited by SkippyX
  • Like 1

I don't think any team has ever had less than 9 wins and had an MVP. But both instances of that were 2000 yard RBs winning MVP. So that's a little bit different. And even then, the 97 Lions still made the postseason. The 73 Bills did not, but they still went 9-5 in a 4 team playoff format.

I think Josh Allen is technically the 2nd best odds to win but 2021 Josh Allen is the poster child for "Lets give it to a WR or RB this year"

He's 14th in passer rating and in no way on a Hurts or Jackson level as a running QB. (this year anyway)

His team is 2-4 when not playing Miami, Houston, or the Jets.

Kyler Murray has the stats but the team is 2-1 without him and voters are generally not big fans of QBs missing several games.

Edited by SkippyX

21 hours ago, SBLIII said:

The MVP race would be over if the Bucs receivers could catch. Tons of tipped passes leading to picks. Therefore I think Rodgers or Herbert could still go on a run and win it.

I thought Stafford had it but he choked it away.

Lol mike redeemed himself with that touchdown catch but yeah it’s been embarrassing