When was the last time the NFL MVP race was this wide open?

CP3MVP

Particularly this late with so many candidates. Usually by this time at the half way point it’s one guy who is either running away with it or just 2 guys in serious contention. This also usually reflects in the final voting, where it’s a landslide 

6 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Is it really that wide open? You take the 1 & 2 seeds and whoever has the most passing TDs out of those teams. Almost always. It’s Brady or Stafford. Isn’t it?

I'd say Brady and Stafford are the current front runners, but both have had slips - Stafford has a good opportunity tomorrow! 

I'd say there is 4-5 players it could eventually be based on the second half of the season. 

8 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Is it really that wide open? You take the 1 & 2 seeds and whoever has the most passing TDs out of those teams. Almost always. It’s Brady or Stafford. Isn’t it?

Well the Bucs and Rams are the 4th and 5th seed right now so it wouldn't be either of them based on that. 

• Like 3

I think its Stafford to lose. He has the numbers, he has the spotlight with alot of national tv games, and a tough schedule so if he plays well and the Rams win that will help. Not to mention he has the narrative. Another added narrative is with OBJ. If OBJ plays well then people are going to point out that Stafford help get OBJ back to looking elite again which Baker couldnt do in Cleveland. So thats going to boost Stafford even more. 

• Like 4