When was the last time the NFL MVP race was this wide open?

CP3MVP

I didn't want to sound like a homer and he just got hurt yesterday, but with Taylor getting some love....Maybe Deebo should also be in the conversation? I have no idea how many games we win without him, but I'd suspect he was responsible for at least half our wins. Just a phenomenal playmaker. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I didn't want to sound like a homer and he just got hurt yesterday, but with Taylor getting some love....Maybe Deebo should also be in the conversation? I have no idea how many games we win without him, but I'd suspect he was responsible for at least half our wins. Just a phenomenal playmaker. 

What argument does Deebo have over Kupp?

6 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

What argument does Deebo have over Kupp?

Kupp has over 200 more receiving yards but also has over 30 more targets...But in terms of total yards? He only has 23 more yards than Deebo and both have the same amount of TDs. Deebo is average 18 yards per reception and 8.1 YPC. That is just INSANE.

But if you want to make an argument for Kupp, I'm fine with that. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Warhorse said:

I have no idea what this correlation is. 

Basically right now it's pretty obvious Brady is the clear and decisive favorite. He's ahead by a decent amount in all the core QB stats that typically decide MVP (yards and TD's). Murray missed 3 games and his team won some games without him. Rodgers is barely top 5 in TD's and barely top 10 in yards and had a some memorable bad performances. And Stafford had a stretch of stinkers that stuck in everyones head. 

Right now Brady is ahead in the biggest predicative stats and is 1st in yards, TD's, QBR, is top 5 in rating, has the most game winning drives of the serious contenders. Then he also has the narrative of being on a new time and being 44 for going for a 4th MVP which breaks a 5 way tie with Rodgers, Brown, Unitas and Farve to become only the second player in history besides his rival to have more than 3 MVP's. He also has a pretty light schedule to finish off the season. 

Really barring a complete collapse, it's his to lose. 

• Like 2