Pats @ Bills MNF Thread

The BILLievers

1 minute ago, DannyB said:

Holy S.

Do you hate Andy Reid that much, or love Mac Jones that much!?

Admittedly, I have a general dislike for disgustingly overweight people with moustaches.  Drain on resources, medical time and aesthetically unpleasing. 

Really like Mac Jones' temperament and his team first / #DoYourJob mentality. 

• Like 1

This is just a thought, but I think tonight may be as franchise-crushing as a regular season loss can get. This kind of thing, if not properly dealt with, can rip a team apart and I'm not sure if that coaching staff/roster is one to stave it off.

And it might already be happening. Postgame press conference and Hyde and Poyer may have kinda implicitly thrown the offense under the bus.

6 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Define better roster? Pats have the better defense (especially with White out), the better kicker and punter, the better offensive line, the better TE’s and the better running backs. Buffalo has the better QB and WR’s and that’s it player wise. 

The Pats also have by far the better coaching 

When people say the Pats have the better coaching they mainly refer to Belichick. Im sure they have other really good coaches on the staff but Belichick is the real reason people saying the Pats have the better coaching. I think Sean McDermott is a heck of a coach. I would say top 10. I think the OC Daboll is going to be a HC one day probably next season will be head coaching a team. I think he can be successful. We have seen McDaniels fail as a HC and an OC in other places. 

As for the roster, yes White getting hurt definitely makes the Bills defense weaker but overall they still have talent on that side of the ball. They can pressure the QB bc they upgraded their front seven. Their offense supposed to be explosive with Diggs, Sanders, they have a nice tight end in Knox. Allen supposed to be the playmaker QB who has a big arm to sling it down the field and tuck it in and run as well. The only weakness they have on offense is not being able to run. Thats the achilles heel. The Pats arent all that explosive but what makes the Pats hard to beat is that they dont beat themselves like seemingly every team in the NFL seems to do sometimes if not alot. I do agree the Pats have the better special teams by far. 

4 minutes ago, DannyB said:

Yeah it was a gamble. It worked out, but I tend to agree with what Pats fans were saying during the game: If the Bills happened to punch one in, which they ALMOST did, Mac is gonna be completely cold having to throw. Could have blown up real easily.

Cold and needing a huge drive with not a lot of time left in abysmal conditions.  I think Mac's great but they were skating on thin ice and putting a lot of faith in their defense, which thankfully delivered. 

The box score is also misleading as to how effective the run game was IMO.  If you take out that one huge TD run from Damien on a busted play, they ran the ball 45 times for 158 yards (3.5 Y/A).  Rhamondre was a beast and averaged 3.3 Y/A.  There were so many negative and no yardage plays.  They went 3-and-out five times.  Outside of a couple drives and the big touchdown they really weren't moving the ball. 

Throw in a few screen plays and short play action, or even a few more outside runs, and maybe you open some things up, string together a few longer drives and put points on the board to build a cushion.  It was always going to be tough in those conditions but I really don't think the offense was that special tonight.

2 minutes ago, Dan_Bali said:

Admittedly, I have a general dislike for disgustingly overweight people with moustaches.  Drain on resources, medical time and aesthetically unpleasing. 

......................................*subtly starts shaving off mustache*

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dan_Bali said:

Wow, this is a hell of a post.  The MoL has taken notice. 

@TLO

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

For a game like this, the Patriots have a dramatically better roster. Like, every position that matters for this kind of game script, the Pats are stronger. All the spots the Bills are far better were virtually irrelevant.

Yeah this type of game suits the Pats so that could be the big reason why they won. Im just saying the Bills drafted Allen and paid him big money bc he has the arm to be able to throw in these conditions. He was an MVP candidate this year and was one last season too. Sometimes you have to win ugly and if you are that QB you have to win games like this. The weather played a big factor but the Pats regardless of the weather is going to try and ugly the game up while not shooting themselves in the foot. Thats where the Bills have to counter it and still come out on top.