Spider-man: No Way Home ***Spoiler Thread***

Deadpulse

1 hour ago, Manny/Patrick said:

To everyone asking about the media regarding Peter Parker after the spell, i think when they view anything about Peter either it shows up as something else or your brain just ignores it and your not viewing anything

Right, like you can see it, but your brain won't perceive it. And maybe that's something someone like Wong or Dr Strange could pick at, but average people will be oblivious.

9 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Yes, I believe so. Spiderman is still known in that universe but Peter Parker just doesn’t exist.

That’s a big hole in logic when it comes to Peter’s friends who had shared experiences with him as Spider Man. So does MJ remember swinging around with Spider Man while Aldo not knowing Peter?

A great way to get Venom in the MCU. 

14 minutes ago, Tetsujin said:

That’s a big hole in logic when it comes to Peter’s friends who had shared experiences with him as Spider Man. So does MJ remember swinging around with Spider Man while Aldo not knowing Peter?

A great way to get Venom in the MCU. 

I have no idea, I also wondered why they couldn’t just say no one knows Spiderman is Peter Parker instead of no one knows Peter Parker at all. Because if that stopped people from other multiverses coming in, does that affect the other peters in their universe?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

I have no idea, I also wondered why they couldn’t just say no one knows Spiderman is Peter Parker instead of no one knows Peter Parker at all. Because if that stopped people from other multiverses coming in, does that affect the other peters in their universe?

As I understood it since the first spell broke it required the more drastic measure, at least that's how they explained it in the movie.

35 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

Just thinking how cool it would be if they brought back Garfield to fight Hardy’s Venom. He did say he wants to fight a alien.

Could definitely bring him back in the Sonyverse, and then do Miles’ story over there too if they aren’t doing it in the MCU proper.

Then when they get around to Secret Wars you can either merge them all if the relationship with Sony is strong, or they can all leave cleanly.

1 hour ago, Fresh Prince said:

Just thinking how cool it would be if they brought back Garfield to fight Hardy’s Venom. He did say he wants to fight a alien.

After Venom 2 I don't think anyone fighting Hardy's Venom sounds good.

I saw this Sunday night and wanted to sit on it before giving my thoughts. I'm a little conflicted.

The entire movie was basically shown in the trailer. Some details and minor things were hashed out, but it was largely the trailer. I avoided every single spoiler and yet I still came out feeling a little underwhelmed. There weren't any real surprises in this. I think the most surprised was when Sandman actually turned into Thomas Hayden Church and Lizard into Rhys Ifans. The other Peters were far from a surprise due to very publicized leaks during filming.

The spell stuff you all have touched on. I guess I can buy into the theory that people just blank out or whatever when looking at past media. It gives us loner Peter who will probably work at the Bugle for some dumb reason; why would he work for the guy who outed him and essentially helped cause his Aunt May to die? Lizard doesn't break out of the truck if he doesn't see JJJ there reporting.

I finally got over the "MJ doesn't have red hair" thing and then we find out she isn't even Mary Jane. I'm really glad Tom Hardy's Venom isn't in this universe. Although, why did he even get teleported there? There is no Spiderman/Peter Parker in his universe so he'd have no idea who they are.

There's other little things too, just not worth going into right now. I did enjoy it overall. The villains carried it and every single one of them did a fantastic job.

11 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

I saw this Sunday night and wanted to sit on it before giving my thoughts. I'm a little conflicted.

The entire movie was basically shown in the trailer. Some details and minor things were hashed out, but it was largely the trailer. I avoided every single spoiler and yet I still came out feeling a little underwhelmed. There weren't any real surprises in this. I think the most surprised was when Sandman actually turned into Thomas Hayden Church and Lizard into Rhys Ifans. The other Peters were far from a surprise due to very publicized leaks during filming.

The spell stuff you all have touched on. I guess I can buy into the theory that people just blank out or whatever when looking at past media. It gives us loner Peter who will probably work at the Bugle for some dumb reason; why would he work for the guy who outed him and essentially helped cause his Aunt May to die? Lizard doesn't break out of the truck if he doesn't see JJJ there reporting.

I finally got over the "MJ doesn't have red hair" thing and then we find out she isn't even Mary Jane. I'm really glad Tom Hardy's Venom isn't in this universe. Although, why did he even get teleported there? There is no Spiderman/Peter Parker in his universe so he'd have no idea who they are.

There's other little things too, just not worth going into right now. I did enjoy it overall. The villains carried it and every single one of them did a fantastic job.

Venom mentions the symbiote  travels 10,000 years and multiple multiverses or something like that. So he must’ve came across a Peter Peter. Only on that doesn’t make sense is Electro.

Finally got a chance to watch this film... It somehow simultaneously felt like a movie that needed to be made while also not in any way, shape, or form needing to be made...

It needed to be made because it served as a reset for MCU Peter Parker to finally give him a true origin story separate from Tony Stark and the Avengers. A motive to be not only Spider-Man but a Man and a Hero. Towards the end he becomes the adult piss poor Peter Parker looking to go to a local college in New York that many of us know only he doesn't have an Aunt May. That said...

This movie was 100% fan service. The meta commentary and easter eggs were so over the top that I loved it but it felt forced. An entire conversation alluding to OG Peter Parker not having to invent his webbing. An entire conversation to Amazing Spider-Man being "Amazing". Giving Amazing Spider-Man a shot at redemption by saving MJ in the way he couldn't save Gwen. The "I'm somewhat of a [blank] myself meme, Aunt May working at F.E.A.S.T., The Best Friend comments, the Spider-Man point meme, Electro's nod to Miles Morales, among many other things...

That said, at the end of the day Peter and May's motives made no sense to me. Dr. Strange tells your entire universe could be effed for people who might as well be "fake" because they come from other universes and you're like "I'm going to save them even though they're freakin' villains who probably cannot be trusted and what happens to them is completely inconsequential to me." There just also felt other times that were kind of deus ex machina on a much smaller scale like the nanotech being able to integrate with Doc Oc's tentacles, etc.

That said, as a high school counselor, my favorite part of the whole movie was the college application process part. While receiving letters was 100% inaccurate as it's almost all done line now, the fact that the kids made it their everything but then didn't even know you could appeal and tried literally everything in the world besides calling the admissions office is how kids in the process are nowadays to a tee!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

"I'm going to save them even though they're freakin' villains who probably cannot be trusted and what happens to them is completely inconsequential to me."

Bro this... this is who Spider-Man is. Since 1962. Sorry you don't like it, but like... thats intrinsically who this character is, he tries to save EVERYONE and ANYONE. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, D82 said:

I wonder if we don't see some version of Osborne introduced at some point and if Dafoe won't play him.

If each Peter Parker is a different person, why would Osborne be the exact same person? 

On another note, something I didn’t even consider: what if the spell brought in all the J Jonah Jameson’s lol.