Week 15 General Discussion

Broncofan

10 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I just don't get it. You already have almost no field to work with because you're on the 2 yard line, then you cut HALF OF IT off even more and then only have one guy on that side of the field?!

Like holy **** taht is an all-timer in terms of how stupid it was.

You're also asking your backup QB to make a precision throw. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pats#1 said:

So then what’s the great advantage of converting the 2 and going up by 1? 

Rodgers is Rodgers, getting the 2 point does nothing but change the point differential in the loss since we are all saying GB getting the 3 was automatic.

Going for 2 added the possibility of a guaranteed loss and not much else. 

Agreed. I posted that before I saw Chaz and biggie's response. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

But that’s true whether you’re tied or up by 1. If you’re down by one the game is over. The two point play essentially risks an immediate loss for no net gain at all.

But the question isn't what keeps you in the game longer. It is what gives you the best chance to win.

So I have 2 questions for you
What are the chances of Baltimore converting the 2pt play?
What are the chances of winning in OT?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

But that’s true whether you’re tied or up by 1. If you’re down by one the game is over. The two point play essentially risks an immediate loss for no net gain at all.

It risks an immediate loss for the chance of a win if you stop Rodgers. If you kick the XP, the best-case scenario is going to OT, where Rodgers would likely get another possession. Tough call.

The more I think about this the more it infuriates me to be honest, you had homefield, you had the momentum, you could send Rodgers out in front of a hostile crowd with a shaky kicker, and be pretty certain of at least getting to OT, with a winded GB defense already on its heels.

if they were going for 2 either way, why did they keep snapping the ball with 15-20 seconds on the play clock? Just such terrible game management.

I hate the Ravens, and the Pats benefit from this loss, and it still annoys me…that’s how stupid it was.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

The more I think about this the more it infuriates me to be honest, you had homefield, you had the momentum, you could send Rodgers out in front of a hostile crowd with a shaky kicker, and be pretty certain of at least getting to OT, with a winded GB defense already on its heels.

if they were going for 2 either way, why did they keep snapping the ball with 15-20 seconds on the play clock? Just such terrible game management.

I hate the Ravens, and the Pats benefit from this loss, and it still annoys me…that’s how stupid it was.

Oh I think it's wonderful. TEN and BAL both losing? Beautiful. Go Pats

Edited by childofpudding

12 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

I like how it is Ravens fans who are defending the play call that cost the team the win and its (largely) fans of teams rooting against them that say they messed up. 

It was the right play if you know this team and wanted them to steal this game.

It was the right decision. People like to second guess when it doesn’t work out. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

It just never works. Ever. I've seen the Ravens run it like 80 times and it's NEVER. ONCE. WORKED.

I guess I can just imagine like a dozen different kinds of plays there that would work against a packers defense. Delay handoff up the gut. traditional dropback, scan the field, find the DB who effed up. D lineman beeline inside for the sack, lose contain, QB takes off and scores. I mean so many options.

What do you think your offense would be more successful with?