Deshaun Watson suffers torn ACL

Hawkfan191

This is awful news. Watson was becoming a star rather quickly, its tough to see him go down and get derailed. This is his second ACL tear, not sure if its the same one or not. If it is, its going to be tough sledding coming back. I truly hope he makes it back to full form sooner than later. 

Such a tough break, off to one of the hottest ever starts for a rookie QB and this happens? Tough for the Texans too, their offense has been carrying them and he pretty much was their entire offense... Well, the passing game was, and Savage isn't going to be getting it to the talented WRs or able to survive behind that line. If I am them I sign Kaepernick, probably best play extender on the market and a vet. Otherwise their playoff hopes are dead.

Watson was just so much fun to watch. This sucks. 

It's not going to be the anthem stuff or even the long-term CTE stuff that really kills the NFL's popularity. It's just gonna be the fact that they can't sustain superstars because injuries are so goddamn common and random.

David Johnson, Odell Beckham, Andrew Luck, DeShaun Watson, Aaron Rodgers, JJ Watt, Dalvin Cook... these are some of the league's best and most exciting players, guys that should be the face of the league or working their way into that category. All on IR. And I'm probably forgetting some guys!

Yeah, they might be back next year, but guess what? But even if they do come back, it'll just be a different cast of stars that all get sidelined. It's just Russian Roulette at this point, if you're not injured now, you're injured tomorrow. 

4 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Such a tough break, off to one of the hottest ever starts for a rookie QB and this happens? Tough for the Texans too, their offense has been carrying them and he pretty much was their entire offense... Well, the passing game was, and Savage isn't going to be getting it to the talented WRs or able to survive behind that line. If I am them I sign Kaepernick, probably best play extender on the market and a vet. Otherwise their playoff hopes are dead.

Bob McNair already signed off on it to not sign him.  They signed McGloin.

Archived