• GDT - Wild Card Round || 49ers @ Cowboys •

WizardHawk

Guys, I’d just like to remind everyone my predictions for this game BEFORE the game even started…

I’m kinda expecting us to lose the game TBH.  Frankly, it will have little to do with coaching, but mostly due to Dak’s bugaboos.  Dak struggles against good defenses.  Combine that with his recent McNabbesque performances of getting balls batted at the LOS and one-hopping dirt balls to receivers… it’s a recipe to lose a game even though the cowboys have a more talented roster top to bottom.  This is a game where Dallas must be able to control the TOP.  I don’t have a ton of faith in Zeke to be able to do that which means Dak must convert on third downs.  Unfortunately, without a run game to take the pressure off Dak, I don’t think he can do it.

SF will run the ball down our throats in the second half if we are not playing with a lead and forcing them to throw.  we don’t match up well with Kittle or Samuel.  SF has a clear identity and they play to that identity.   If they run the ball effectively and especially if we allow them to volume rush, Garoppolo will do enough to win.  

And I really like this one because @Texas_OutLaw7 said I should be banned for this one…

That’s actually kinda a Dak special… play really poorly so the team goes down by double digits in the fourth quarter, then put up stats against prevent defenses.   

This game is EXACTLY what I expected.  This is playoff football where running the ball matters, where every mistake gets magnified.  I absolutely predicted that we would struggle running the ball and I didn’t have confidence in Dak against a playoff caliber defense.  I predicted that SF would run the ball down our throats with TOP advantage.  SF had 169 rushing yards, Dallas had 77 which includes Dak running out the clock.  And Dak was 5 of 14 on third down conversions.

Just now, BigD88 said:

If Trey Lance is a hit, you guys are going to be a PROBLEM.

Garoppolo is atrocious, Shanahan is tremendous, and you have strong lines on both sides. Literally just some secondary pieces away.

Yeah, our safeties are actually really good but corners can be better.

Thank you!!! Jimmy is super clutch but so damn frustrating. Can't make simple trows and makes terrible decisions. That INT was unbelievably bad.

You guys are very talented yourself. Need to be more disciplined but aside from that very few weaknesses. Parsons to me is heir apparent to Donald as the best defensive player in the league. Maybe can improve on the other LB spot and possibly replace Brown, but no serious upgrades are necessary.

Good season fellas! 

2 minutes ago, TVScout said:

As I have been telling people for at least 2 weeks, we need a new right offensive line:

Zack Martin can stay, but Collins should not be the starting RT. He needs to be in an open competition with Steele or a rookie.

We need a open competition between the LG and a C

Edited by Tony7188

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah, our safeties are actually really good but corners can be better.

Thank you!!! Jimmy is super clutch but so damn frustrating. Can't make simple trows and makes terrible decisions. That INT was unbelievably bad.

You guys are very talented yourself. Need to be more disciplined but aside from that very few weaknesses. Parsons to me is heir apparent to Donald as the best defensive player in the league. Maybe can improve on the other LB spot and possibly replace Brown, but no serious upgrades are necessary.

Good season fellas! 

Congrats. It’s tricky because we have a large QB contract, but also some unnecessarily compounding issues with a big Zeke extension, and Jaylon Smith dead money. Not too far off, but I wonder if it’ll be just one too many holes to fill.

Best of luck! Now stop engaging with us miserable losers and enjoy your win. 😝

1 minute ago, HDsportsfan said:

So.....Zeke just told reporters he's been playing all year with a torn PCL.....so .....ummmm....why is/was he playing. All coaching on that one.

Funny how he wants to bring this up after the season is over. He should’ve never been playing.

• Like 1

Just now, BigD88 said:

Congrats. It’s tricky because we have a large QB contract, but also some unnecessarily compounding issues with a big Zeke extension, and Jaylon Smith dead money. Not too far off, but I wonder if it’ll be just one too many holes to fill.

Best of luck! Now stop engaging with us miserable losers and enjoy your win. 😝

Haha, will do! Like I said in the Niners forum, I'm actually very disgusted right now lol. I'll be happy tomorrow I'm sure, but not right now. Terrible execution at the end! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, biggie. said:

Y'all aren't gonna like this but the biggest problem with Dak is that he is a lot like McNabb: maddeningly inconsistent and just doesn't get things done in the playoffs.

You are right on 2 accounts.  I’ve been comparing Dak to McNabb since October.  Dirt balls, slow to read defense, indecision leading to sacks.  And you are also right that most cowboy fans don’t like it even though it’s true.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

Guys, I’d just like to remind everyone my predictions for this game BEFORE the game even started…

And I really like this one because @Texas_OutLaw7 said I should be banned for this one…

This game is EXACTLY what I expected.  This is playoff football where running the ball matters, where every mistake gets magnified.  I absolutely predicted that we would struggle running the ball and I didn’t have confidence in Dak against a playoff caliber defense.  I predicted that SF would run the ball down our throats with TOP advantage.  SF had 169 rushing yards, Dallas had 77 which includes Dak running out the clock.  And Dak was 5 of 14 on third down conversions.

I have it on good authority that RUNNING THE BALL DOES NOT MATTER

3 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

You are right on 2 accounts.  I’ve been comparing Dak to McNabb since October.  Dirt balls, slow to read defense, indecision leading to sacks.  And you are also right that most cowboy fans don’t like it even though it’s true.

McNabb was signification better than Dak.

6 minutes ago, HDsportsfan said:

So.....Zeke just told reporters he's been playing all year with a torn PCL.....so .....ummmm....why is/was he playing. All coaching on that one.

Here’s the thing… Pollard could have actually been decent if given the playing time today.  If KM and MM can’t figure out that Zeke is worthless trying to run the ball on a bum knee… they don’t belong as head coaches.

10 minutes ago, Tony7188 said:

Zack Martin can stay, but Collins should not be the starting RT. He needs to be in an open competition with Steele or a rookie.

We need a open competition between the LG and a C

Collins back to LG, draft a C, RT and back up LT. 

• Like 1